Bridgestone announced it is expanding the company’s fuel-efficient Ecopia commercial truck tire line with the introduction of the all-new Bridgestone R213 Ecopia tire.
The new tire is engineered to reduce operating costs by delivering high fuel efficiency, in combination with improvements in wear performance.
“Today’s fleets are running their trucks longer and farther, making it critical to get the maximum performance out of every tire purchase,” said Kyle Chen, brand manager, truck and bus radial tires, U.S. and Canada, Bridgestone Americas.
“The new Bridgestone R213 Ecopia tire harnesses innovations in both materials and design to deliver smarter, more sustainable tire performance. This translates to a better bottom line through the tire’s wear life and fuel efficiency.”
The Bridgestone R213 Ecopia tire delivers a combination of wear and fuel performance, providing more kilometres and a lower total cost of ownership.
Featuring directional edge sipes to resist scrub and offer up to 15% longer mileage, the Bridgestone R213 Ecopia outperforms the previous-generation Bridgestone R284 Ecopia tire.
Additionally, a redesigned tread pattern paired with a compound reducing tire weight, improving rolling resistance and fuel efficiency by 6%.
Improvements and innovations in the Bridgestone R213 Ecopia tire include:
- A four-rib tire design with patented NanoPro-Tech polymer to limit energy loss and enhance stiffness for fuel-efficiency.
- An Intellishape sidewall design containing less bead filler volume to reduce tire weight without compromising durability.
- Centre rib sipes to evacuate water and improve traction on wet surfaces more effectively.
- Directional stress relief sipes to absorb shoulder edge forces in the footprint for even longer wear.
- A redesigned defence side groove to better resist irregular wear, helping improve fuel efficiency and durability over the long haul.
The Bridgestone R213 Ecopia tire, which is EPA SmartWay verified, will be offered in eight variations – with four sizes and two load ranges per size – at Bridgestone authorized dealers in the U.S. and Canada.