Toyota Canada reported its second consecutive month of record sales for its Lexus luxury division, with 2,695 units sold, led by sales of the Lexus UX, NX and RX.
The company reported overall sales of 23,481 vehicles for the month with the Toyota division selling 20,786 units.
Despite the difficulties faced by showrooms last year, it is significant that April 2021 saw sales climb by 1.1% over April of 2019.
TCI’s electrified vehicles set a record for the fourth consecutive month with 7,170 units sold in April, led by sales of the Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, Highlander Hybrid, Sienna and Prius Prime.
For the second month in a row, electrified vehicles accounted for more than 30% of TCI’s overall sales (30.5%) in April, further illustrating the increased consumer adoption of alternative powertrains in Canada.
Additional April Highlights:
- Lexus UX sales of 377 units (best month ever)
- Lexus NX sales of 797 units (new April record)
- Lexus RX sales of 904 units (up 3.2% vs. April 2019)
- Toyota RAV4 sales of 7,920 units (best month ever)
- Toyota Highlander sales of 1,827 units (new April record)
- Toyota Tacoma sales of 1,884 units(new April record)
- Toyota C-HR sales of 835 units(new April record)
- Toyota Prius sales of 616 units (new April record)