Toyota Canada reported an overall record of 21,121 vehicles sold in March led by strong demand for SUVs and electrified vehicles such as the Toyota RAV4, Highlander, Lexus RX and UX.
The Toyota division was up 103.2% with 18,879 units sold and the Lexus luxury division set a new monthly record with 2,242 units sold, up 94.1%.
TCI’s electrified vehicles set a record for the third consecutive month to start the year with 6,552 units sold (up 225.8%) in March, its best month ever, led by the Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, Highlander Hybrid and the all-new Sienna Hybrid. Electrified vehicles accounted for a record 31% of TCI’s overall sales in March.
TCI reported overall sales of 46,648 vehicles for the first quarter of 2021 led by record-breaking sales of the Toyota RAV4, Highlander,4Runner and CH-R.
The RAV4 family sold 15,665 units (up 44.8%), the Highlander sold 4,370 units (up 53.8%), the 4Runner sold 2,154 units (up 53.6%) and the CH-R sold 1,567 units (up 7.3%), all with Q1 records.
The Toyota division reported sales of 41,828 units, up 19.6% in Q1 and the Lexus luxury division reported sales of 4,820 units, up 8.1%.
Electrified vehicle sales were up 129.7% with 13,087 units sold for an all-time quarterly sales record.
Additional March Highlights
- Toyota Highlander sales of 2,013 units, up 212.1% (Best Month Ever)
- Toyota CHR sales of 778 units, up 67.3% (new March record)
- Lexus RX sales of 836 units, up 93.5% (new March record)
- Lexus UX sales of 237 units, up 58% (new March record)
Additional Q1 Highlights
- Toyota CH-R sales of 1,553 units, up 7.3% (Q1 Record)
- Toyota Highlander sales of 4,370 units, up 53.8% (Q1 Record)
- Toyota 4Runner sales of 2,154 units, up 53.6% (Q1 Record)
- Lexus IS sales of 466 units, up 89.4%
- Lexus NX sales of 1,456 units, up 11.4%