Toyota Canada reported record sales of SUVs in February.
Led by the made-in-Canada Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, the Toyota Highlander Hybrid, and the all-new only-available-in-hybrid Sienna and Venza, Toyota Canada sold a record 10,520 vehicles in the segment in February.
With SUVs leading the way, Toyota Canada’s electrified vehicle sales were up 94.7%, accounting for 27.8% of its overall sales last month.
Larry Hutchinson, President and CEO explained that the range of electrified options is encouraging more and more Canadian consumers to seek hybrid models.
“Having low-emission options across our line-up allows our customers to choose a more sustainable vehicle that meets their needs, at a price point accessible to them.”
The company reported overall sales of 13,694 vehicles for the month, down 10.4% compared to the same period last year.
Additional February Highlights:
- Toyota RAV4 sales of 4,594 units, up 13.0% (new February record)
- Toyota Highlander sales of 1,328 units, up 24.5% (new February record)
- Toyota Sienna sales of 745 units, up 90.5%
- Toyota 4Runner sales of 748 units, up 38.0% (new February record)
- Corolla Hybrid sales of 226 units, up 79.4%