Kia unveiled the all-new 2022 Stinger at a virtual presentation on March 16.
This spring, the two versions, GT Limited and GT Elite, will be available for a suggested starting price of $50,495.
As Elias El-Achhab, Vice-President & COO, National Sales at Kia Canada reminded us at the unveiling, the model was introduced in 2018 and represented a breakthrough in the performance category for the Korean manufacturer. “This upgraded version still aims to combine comfort and performance with passionate attention to every detail.”
In addition to the GT Limited version already known to car enthusiasts, there is also a brand new model in the range: the GT Elite.
Both models boast impressive design, advanced safety systems and outstanding performance, according to the manufacturer’s description. Since its introduction, the Kia Stinger has garnered praise from enthusiasts and journalists alike, even winning the AJAC Canadian Car of the Year award in 2019.
“We continually challenge ourselves to evolve, innovate and excel,” says Michael Kopke, General Marketing Manager at Kia Canada.
“The redesigned 2022 Kia Stinger represents a significant milestone in the evolution of the brand’s luxurious and refined design. It embodies the result of relentless engineering to perfect every detail.”
The redesigned Kia Stinger is scheduled to arrive in Canadian dealerships this spring. The GT Limited version will start at $50,495 and the GT Elite at $52,995 (MSRP).
New and improved
The 2022 Stinger retains the imposing, unmistakable exterior appeal for which it is known. However, it adds even more character and a bolder, more muscular stance.
The following enhancements have been made to the exterior of the 2022 Stinger: 19-inch multi-spoke black alloy wheels amplifying its sporty and luxurious character; rear combination lamps with an enlarged light area and LED taillights, giving the rear a sporty and imposing stance; a more visible diffuser and four larger exhaust tips; seven bright colours to choose from to personalize the Kia Stinger, including the new Ascot Green, Snow White Pearl, Ghost Grey, Storm Grey, Aurora Black, Atomic Blue and Californian Red.
Inside the Stinger 2022, there are new and improved features:
- An upgraded dashboard housing with round chrome surrounds and high-gloss black finishes;
- A sleek unboxed rearview mirror;
- A 10.25-inch navigator screen wrapped by the gloss black dashboard;
- A textured aluminum chrome line continuing into a new passenger-side light line;
- A new optional suede package (on GT Elite) adding a suede seat, headliner and sun visor trim and optional red stitching and seat belts (on GT Elite with the optional suede package).
Kia has added a boost of energy to this stylish performance car, including a 3.3L twin-turbocharged V6 engine, producing 368 horsepower; standard second-generation all-wheel drive, refined for more dynamic performance; Brembo brakes, electronic transmission and electronically controlled suspension; electronically variable exhaust valves producing a deep, sporty sound; and an optional mechanical limited-slip differential to improve drive power transfer and ensure exceptional handling.
The 2022 Stinger features advanced driver assistance systems including:
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist at Intersections;
- Safe Exit Warning;
- Intelligent Cruise Control with Navigator-based Speed Control;
- Lane Departure Assist;
- Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist; and
- Blind Spot Monitor (GT Elite trim).
The 2022 Kia Stinger includes intuitive technologies for which Kia is renowned.
Technology enhancements in the 2022 model include:
- Split-screen and multi-device connectivity capability and a 5th generation 10.25-inch widescreen navigation display;
- The UVOTM Intelligence application including remote on/off of seat heating and ventilation;
- Remote engine start with a smart key