Bridgestone Americas recently announced the latest addition to its Ecopia product line with the introduction of the all new Bridgestone M713 Ecopia tire.
The SmartWay verified and California Air Resources Board (CARB) compliant drive tire has been designed for tandem-axel applications in both long-haul and regional service.
Bridgestone is currently offering the M713 Ecopia tire in the sizes 295/75R22 and 11R22.5 in Canada and the U.S. From March 1, 2020, the tire will also be available in sizes 295.75R24.5 and 11R24.5.
Featuring an innovative design, Bridgestone’s new tire has also been engineered with proprietary compounds. The tire, according to the company, is capable of offering fleets with improved performance, including 8 percent better rolling resistance and a tread life that is longer by 15 percent. The company has also ensured that the new tire can be paired with a fuel-efficient Bandag FuelTech retread due to the design of the M713 Ecopia’s tire casing. This results in extended tire life, allowing fleets to decrease the total cost of tire ownership.
“Bridgestone is committed to making mobility more efficient for fleets, which is why we’ve equipped the Bridgestone Ecopia tire line with our most fuel-efficient and sustainable offerings to help fleets capitalize on the full performance potential of their valuable tire assets,” said Ben Johnson, Marketing Director, Truck and Bus radial tires, U.S. and Canada, Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations (BATO). “The Bridgestone M713 Ecopia tire is uniquely designed to increase tread life and significantly reduce rolling resistance for the long-haul and regional service fleets that we rely on, every day.”
To minimize rolling resistance, Bridgestone has reduced the overall weight of the tire with the addition of an IntelliShape sidewall. This is one of many design enhancements to make the tire more fuel-efficient. For a lower energy loss and better fuel economy, the tire has been developed using a proprietary Fuel Saver Sidewall compound and patented NanoPro-Tech polymer technology.
Bridgestone lists the following additional features of its M713 Ecopia tire:
- To help tackle different road and weather conditions with better traction, the tire features 3D siping with 130% more biting edges
- For lower tire weight and better casing durability, the tire contains an optimized belt package.
- The tire features a high-rigidity tread pattern that allows users to control the movement of its tread blocks. This contributes to a reduction in wear and aids in lowering its rolling resistance.
- Irregular wear can be avoided with the tire’s continuous shoulder design. This results in a uniform distribution of weight and torque.
- The tire is equipped to deliver the required winter traction performance; it features the Three-Peak Mountain Snowflake (3PMSF) certification.
Bridgestone states in a release that using the company’s Ecopia tires in all three wheel positions may allow fleets to experience the Ecopia Effect, which can aid in decreasing fuel costs.