Epicor, a global leader of industry-specific enterprise software to promote business growth, today unveiled two next-generation, cloud-based versions of the industry-leading Epicor Catalog for Automotive.
The new, standalone catalogues, available for users in Canada, the U.S., and Mexico, include Epicor-validated, ACES-compliant data and a powerful new “Intelligent Search” feature that enables users to quickly find the right parts for virtually any vehicle repair. In addition, all part and application content in the Mexico catalogue is presented in Spanish, enabling users to save time and eliminate lookup errors. Both new versions of the Epicor Catalog can be seen in action in the company’s booth (A2238) during this week’s AAPEX 2023 Show in Las Vegas.
“These modern, ACES-based catalogues represent two important steps in a multi-year Epicor project that will help transform the way automotive professionals address the parts and service requirements of their customers’ increasingly complex vehicles,” said Tim Hardin, Epicor Senior Vice President of Global Automotive, Data, and Extend Services. “As the aftermarket’s premier data resource, Epicor is committed to helping users increase sales, efficiency, and customer loyalty through seamless access to the best product and application intelligence.”
Both new versions of the Epicor Catalog are powered by the company’s industry-leading aftermarket product content engine, comprising more than 1.6 billion catalogue applications and 12 million unique part numbers from more than 4,000 industry suppliers. Also included are manufacturer product descriptions, technical insights, images, and other enhanced information designed to guide part identification and installation. The new catalogue version for Mexico features one of the industry’s largest parts and application databases specific to that nation, including “chocolate” (non-registered, imported) vehicles.
Other key features of these new, cloud-based catalogues include:
- Intelligent Search – Quickly find information based on any of three text inputs: Vehicle and Part, License Plate and Part, or VIN and Part.
- Multiple lookup tabs – Conduct up to five simultaneous lookups.
- Previous lookup history – Save time by returning to previous and/or archived lookups.
- North American VIN decoder – Includes US, Canada and Mexico vehicles.
- License plate decoder (U.S. only)
- Aftermarket-to-aftermarket / OE-to-aftermarket interchange
- Buyer’s Guide – Identify other vehicle applications for a specific part, leading to additional sales opportunities.
- Quote builder – Easily assemble and print quotes based on lookups.
- Vehicle attribute filters – Filter lookups by Part Type, Manufacturer, Part Position, or Line Code.
- App-free mobile interface – Responsive technology automatically optimizes the user interface for mobile devices.
“Speed and accuracy are the common themes across each of these new or enhanced features as well as our modern, highly scalable new cloud architecture,” Hardin said. “Every user now has streamlined access to more part and application intelligence, enabling them to increase sales and deliver a great customer experience.”
To learn more about these and other Epicor solutions for automotive businesses, visit booth A2238 during this week’s AAPEX 2023 Show in Las Vegas, contact your Epicor representative, visit www.epicor.com, or call 888.463.4700 (option 5).