Dana has published its digital 2020 Sustainability and Social Responsibility Report.
“Sustainability and social responsibility are key priorities for Dana, and we are committed to taking action to improve and protect our planet for generations to come,” said James Kamsickas, Dana Chairman and CEO.
The report highlights the company’s efforts to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, improve global efficiency programs, and advance the company’s electrification product portfolio.
Report highlights include Dana’s:
- Commitment to reducing its total annual GHG emissions by more than 50% before the end of 2035
- Long-term renewable energy agreement that will reduce the company’s current U.S. annual GHG emissions from electricity by approximately 90%
- Appointment of Doug Liedberg, Dana’s Senior Vice President and General Counsel to the additional role as the company’s first Chief Sustainability Officer
- Sustained commitment to providing a safe, respectful, and inclusive workplace
- Expanded use of energy-efficient production processes around the world to reduce water consumption and waste
- Latest reporting to the Carbon Disclosure Project, an international non-profit organization, to ensure transparency of climate change management for all stakeholders
- Ability to deliver all elements of a complete and integrated electrified system across all mobility markets in any region of the world
The report is accompanied by an appendix addressing the company’s methodology and use of the Global Reporting Initiative’s guidance, which identifies the list of material topics for Dana’s reporting strategy.