GMC’s electric super-truck lineup expands with the addition of the 2024 HUMMER EV SUV.
The new available Power Station generator enables customers to utilize up to 3 kW of power from the vehicle, turning the HUMMER EV SUV into a power source on the trail or a backup generator.
HUMMER EV’s interdependent body/battery structure enables the Infinity Roof on the EV pickup as well as the SUV and expected best-in-class off-road proportions help make the new SUV even more manoeuvrable — while making the most of the HUMMER EV’s signature features such as available CrabWalk3, available Extract Mode and more.
With a nearly 9-inch shorter wheelbase than the HUMMER EV Pickup, the all-new HUMMER EV SUV offers even greater manoeuvrability, with expected off-road proportions and a turning circle of only 35.4 feet (10.8 meters) with 4-Wheel Steer.
Without the constraints of a conventional propulsion system and traditional drive axles, tremendous power and control is available to each wheel.
In fact, the Ultium drive system can channel power to a single wheel — including 13 inches of suspension travel, climbing 60% grades (forward and reverse), scaling 18-inch verticals and fording water more than 2 feet deep.
Standard features on 2X, 3X and Edition 1 models include 4-Wheel Steer with CrabWalk, which allows diagonal-drive functionality, as well as Adaptive Air Suspension with Extract Mode and 22-inch wheels with 35-inch-OD all-terrain tires. e4WD with torque vectoring is standard on 3X and Edition 1.
The available Extreme Off-Road Pack adds:
- 18-inch wheels and 35-inch-OD Goodyear Wrangler Territory MT tires
- Underbody armour and rock sliders
- UltraVision with underbody cameras6 (front- and rear-facing with wash system)
- Front eLocker and rear virtual lockers
- HD ball-spline half-shafts
As with the HUMMER EV Pickup, the new SUV is built on a unique, interdependent body/battery structure that serves two crucial functions: It reinforces the overall structure for exceptional rigidity, while also protecting the double-stacked Ultium battery pack.
A large, flat load floor incorporates a protective sheer panel sandwiched between the high-strength martensitic top and bottom layers, which help protect the battery.
The strength and rigidity of the floor helps reduce twisting and deformation, while also providing the stiffness required to enable the HUMMER EV’s removable Sky Panels and I-Bar.
With GM’s unique ability to stack long pouch cells vertically or horizontally, the HUMMER EV SUV is able to package its power in a relatively small space: an available 20-module, double-stacked battery pack, consisting of two layers of ten modules. It can deliver up to 830 horsepower and up to 11,500 lb-ft of torque and is capable of enabling 0-60-mph (0-97km/h) in approximately 3.5-seconds with available Watts To Freedom4 (GM estimates).
Ultium Platform and new Power Station generator
General Motors’ Ultium platform drives the new HUMMER EV SUV. Its architecture provides the framework to integrate technologies for optimal driving range, while also enabling performance and capabilities that would not be possible with a conventional vehicle architecture and propulsion system.
Edition 1 Highlights include:
- 20-module, double-stacked Ultium battery that will offer more than 482 km of range on a full charge (without the available Extreme Off-Road Pack) and power for three motors
- Three-motor e4WD drive system offering the equivalent of GM-estimated up to 830 horsepower and GM-estimated up to 11,500 lb-ft of torque
800V DC fast charging capability of up to 300kW
- Regen on Demand, which can slow the vehicle to a full stop without pressing the brake pedal, and feeds that energy back into the vehicle
- One-Pedal Driving and Terrain Mode. One-Pedal Driving can slow the vehicle to a full stop using the accelerator pedal providing very fine control, while Terrain Mode uniquely integrates the brake system with One-Pedal Driving, giving the driver precise control while off-roading and rock crawling
- New available Power Station generator that enables 19.2kW AC charging, generator functionality (120v/25A/3kW) and the ability to charge other EVs (240v/25A/6kW).
The new available Power Station generator offers external powering capabilities. With enhanced vehicle hardware, the HUMMER EV SUV can jump charge another electric vehicle at 240v/25A/6kW and power a variety of equipment and accessories at 120v/25AkW.
The actual production model and results may vary.