Electrovaya announces the launch of its electric bus lithium-ion battery systems with the delivery of a 700V, 300kWh battery.
Electrovaya’s battery technology possesses several characteristics:
- Safety: Provides industry-leading safety, as demonstrated in the e-car and e-materials handling sectors, including UL2580 listing for the latter;
- Long Cycle-Life and High Energy Density: Superior long-term performance standards;
- Cost of Ownership: The lowest overall cost of ownership to bus operators and OEMs due to superior cycle life;
- Proprietary Technology: Substantial intellectual property in cells, BMS and systems;
- Modular Design: 100-700 kWh battery systems for e-buses;
- Fossil-Free Future: Significant reduction in greenhouse gas emissions.
This development was supported by Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC). In 2017, SDTC had signed a C$3.8 million R&D contract with Electrovaya to develop safe and long-lasting lithium-ion ceramic batteries for electric buses.
“Electrovaya is a great example of how Canadian entrepreneurs are leading the way in developing solutions that Canada and the world needs,” said SDTC President & CEO, Leah Lawrence.
“By expanding their offering of lithium-ion battery solutions to the electric bus supply chain, the team at Electrovaya is helping to make our transportation systems more sustainable and reduce greenhouse gas emissions,” adds Lawrence.
“Electrovaya has spent considerable time and effort to develop a solution that meets the demanding application requirements of electric buses. Our technology has a unique blend of cycle life, safety, energy, and power performance that are ideal for this application,” said Dr. Raj Das Gupta, COO Electrovaya.