The Multi-Flex Tailgate has six unique functions, allowing for easier access to bed cargo, enhanced loading solutions and a standing workstation.
With a weight capacity of 375 pounds (170 kg), different configurations for the available Multi-Flex Tailgate activate using a key fob or two tailgate-mounted buttons, one for the full gate and another for the second-tier loading and storage options. The Multi-Flex Tailgate will be available in early 2021 on select all new Silverado 1500 models.
The 2.7L Turbo adds thousands of pounds of trailering capacity to every configuration. The Crew Cab Short Box model increases its rating by 2,500 pounds to a max capacity of 9,300 pounds in two-wheel drive. A newly available Regular Cab Long Box model provides the maximum 2.7L tow rating of 9,600 pounds and ups Silverado’s overall max payload to 2,280 pounds in 2WD.
The available 3.0L Duramax turbo-diesel adds an additional 1,900 pounds of trailering capacity to nearly every configuration and provides the maximum capacity of 9,500 pounds to 2WD models. Customers benefit from industry-leading -estimated fuel consumption of 7.2 L/100km highway in 2WD and increased towing capacity.
Chevrolet engineers recertified both engines to the SAE J2807 standard.
Enhanced Trailering Technology for Additional Views and Confidence
The latest generation Silverado offered 15 unique camera views. Now, select 2021 models will offer new or enhanced trailering technology, including:
- Trailer Length Indicator (new for 2021):When making a lane-change maneuver with the turn signal activated, a red overlay twice the length of the compatible trailer is shown on the centre console screen, which can help show when other vehicles are present.
- Jack-Knife Alert (new for 2021):Tracks the position of the compatible trailer in relation to the vehicle and provides an alert if a potential jack-knife situation is imminent.
- Cargo Bed View enhancement (new for 2021):Cargo Bed Zoom View and Bed Hitch Guidance are now available, which help to align and hook up a gooseneck/fifth-wheel trailer.
- Rear Trailer View now features guidelines and Trailer-Angle Indicator:Enhanced to include assisting guidelines when backing a compatible trailer into place and a Trailer-Angle Indicator shows the relationship between the truck and trailer.
- Rear Side View enhancement:Provides a split view, automatically biased based on the trailer’s angle, of the left and right sides of the truck and compatible trailer. This view was previously only available while driving forward and is now available in Reverse for better visibility when positioning a trailer.
Available and Standard Equipment
The 2021 Silverado 1500 adds more content at all price points to an already compelling truck lineup, including:
- Customand Custom Trail Boss are now standard with Custom Convenience Package and Infotainment Package, which include EZ Lift power lock and release tailgate, bed LED cargo area lighting, remote start, available SiriusXM radio, available OnStar and more.
- Work Truck, Customand Custom Trail Boss now offer 40/20/40 split-bench front seat and a new Safety Confidence Package (late availability), which includes Forward Collision Alert, Automatic Emergency Braking, Front Pedestrian Braking, steering wheel audio controls and 4.2-inch driver information centre.
- Custom Trail Bossand LT Trail Boss are now available with 20-inch black wheels with GoodyearTerritory MT Tires (late availability).
- LTand RST now come standard with the True North Edition content, which includes the Convenience Package, Trailering Package and an auto-locking rear differential.
- LTZnow comes standard with the LTZ Convenience Package, Safety Package and 20-inch polished wheels.
- Wireless phone projection through Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability is standard on LTZand High Country and available on LT, LT Trail Boss and RST.
- A first for Chevrolet, Adaptive Ride Control is now available on High Country models with 22-inch wheels to provide enhanced ride comfort.
- New available package – True North Plus Edition– add additional convenience and safety content onto already popular models.
- Three new exterior colors are available:
- Mosaic Black Metallic (late availability and at extra charge)
- Oxford Brown Metallic (available at extra charge)
- Cherry Red Tintcoat (available at extra charge)
The 2021 Silverado 1500 will begin production in September and arrive at Chevrolet dealerships throughout fall 2020.