Chevrolet introduced a reimagined Trax—a new, technology-forward choice for customers seeking the practicality of a compact car and the utility of an SUV.
Larger than today’s Trax, it provides more space for passengers and cargo and more standard and available content. A robust array of standard safety features and a suite of technologies will help keep customers connected, all at a starting MSRP of $21,6991.
“The all-new Trax has everything you need and nothing you don’t,” said Scott Bell, Chevrolet Vice President. “More space. More features. More style. This is an entry-level vehicle that will surprise and delight customers with its value and plays a critical role as the gateway into the Chevrolet brand.”
Five distinct personalities—LS, 1RS, LT, 2RS and ACTIV—offer design and content choices, while all trims add enhanced features and technologies, including:
- Chevrolet Safety Assist with six advanced safety and driver awareness technologies
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability
- Heated front seats
- LED headlamps
- 17” (LS & LT),18” (1RS & ACTIV) or 19” (2RS) wheels
- Four-wheel disc brakes
- Active Noise Cancelation
- LT, 2RS and ACTIV trims include a full colour 8-inch diagonal driver information centre and 11-inch diagonal infotainment screen.
Additional new features on LT and above include push-button start, automatic climate control and when equipped with the available sunroof package wireless phone charging. Cruise control is also standard equipment on all models and Adaptive Cruise Control is available on LT and above, a first for Trax.
The new Trax is powered by a 1.2L turbocharged I-3 engine rated at a GM-estimated 137 horsepower and 162 lb.-ft. of torque. It is matched with a proven six-speed automatic transmission. The turbo contributes to excellent on-demand power, particularly for passing maneuvers and on-ramp acceleration.
Modern and purposeful design
Longer, lower and wider than the current model, the 2024 Trax introduces a simple and clean design inspired by the Chev Blazer.
“The bold exterior and tech-forward interior design of the all-new Trax redefines what an entry-level vehicle can be,” said Phil Zak, Executive Design Director, Global Chevrolet. “It demonstrates that modern, stylish design doesn’t have to come at a premium.”
At the front, sleek horizontal lines emphasize the vehicle’s width and are designed around the lines of the iconic Chevy bowtie at the centre of the grille, which flow outward to the slim, Blazer-inspired headlamps that feature all-new LED lighting elements. Chevy-signature high-eye LED daytime running lamps make the Trax more visible, day or night.
A sleeker side profile is enhanced by a 4-inch-lower (101 mm) overall height than the current model, while strong “shoulders” in the body contribute to a taught, muscular presence and strong stance.
Each trim has specific design cues, including specific grille designs and wheels, as well as unique décor, depending on the model:
- LS and LT feature clean, straightforward designs, with additional bright trim on LT. 17-inch steel wheels are standard on LS and 17-inch machined aluminum wheels are standard on LT.
- RS trims offer the Trax’s sportiest design, with unique grille and additional accents, as well as an RS badge in the grille. The 1RS trim includes unique 18-inch machine-faced aluminum wheels and the 2RS features 19-inch machine-faced aluminum wheels.
- The new ACTIV has a monochromatic look including titanium chrome accents and an aggressive-looking rear skid plate motif. It also features unique black 18-inch wheels.
New dimensions enhance driving experience, spaciousness
The new Trax’s larger dimensions pay dividends when it comes to the driving experience and interior spaciousness, with its nearly 6-inch-longer wheelbase and wider tracks offering more composed ride and handling characteristics, compared to the current model.
Inside, the 11-inch (279 mm) greater length and 2-inch (51 mm) greater width than the current model translates into greater roominess and cargo capacity, including three inches (76 mm) more rear legroom, which increases comfort for rear-seat passengers, and maximum cargo capacity that increases by nearly 12 percent.
Trax’s interior was designed to have a lightweight feel, achieved with sweeping lines and light, technical cues that emphasize the vehicle’s width and create a sense of airiness—all enabled by the vehicle’s longer, lower and wider platform.
The low instrument panel enhances outward visibility and contributes to the feeling of airiness, while a technical texture pattern sweeps across, adding depth. Other elements take inspirations from other recent Chevy performance vehicle designs, including signature round vents and more.
Display screens are the centrepiece of the technology-forward design, with the infotainment screen canted slightly toward the driver, for more intuitive control. LS and 1RS trims feature an 8-inch-diagonal infotainment colour touchscreen, while LT, 2RS and ACTIV have an 11-inch-diagonal infotainment colour touchscreen and an 8-inch-diagonal driver information centre.
The different trims also receive their own décor and accents, including:
- LT features black seats with Sky Cool Gray accents
- 2RS features red accents on the seats and a racing-inspired flat-bottom steering wheel
- ACTIV features leatherette-trimmed seats with yellow accents
- RS and ACTIV trims feature black bowtie emblems
Additional standard and available content include:
- Centre console with ergonomically optimized shifter location
- An electronic parking brake opens up more storage space in the console
- Four bottle holders and two cupholders
- Heated front seats are standard on all trims
- Heated steering wheel are standard on 1RS and up (including LT)
- Heated outside rearview mirrors are standard on 1RS and up (includes LT)
- Remote start standard on 1RS, LT, 2RS and ACTIV and available on LS
- Automatic climate control, push-button start and added rear-seat USB ports on LT, 2RS and ACTIV
- Power-adjustable driver’s seat on ACTIV
- Available sunroof on 1RS, LT, 2RS & ACTIV
For the first time, customers can wirelessly connect Apple CarPlay or Android Auto to the infotainment system, and when equipped with the available sunroof package wireless phone charging is included on LT, 2RS and ACTIV. Trax also continues to offer Wi-Fi Hotspot capability when paired with a data plan.
Chevrolet Safety Assist and more
When it comes to safety and driver awareness technology, the 2024 Trax ups the ante with new, standard Chevrolet Safety Assist—a suite of six advanced safety and driver awareness technologies that include:
- Automatic Emergency Braking
- Front Pedestrian Braking
- Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning
- Forward Collision Alert
- IntelliBeam auto high-beam control
- Following Distance Indicator
HD Rear Vision Camera is also standard on all trims. Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert and Rear Cross Traffic Alert are standard on LT and up.
The all-new 2024 Chevrolet Trax goes on sale in the spring of 2023. More information is available at www.chevrolet.ca.
1Price not applicable in Quebec. Quebec pricing starting at $24,049 includes freight, $100 air conditioning charge, duties and fees.