The all-new 2022 Jeep Compass showcases a new modern design, advanced safety features, new technology and semi-autonomous driving capabilities.
The 2022 Jeep Compass is available in five different trim configurations: Sport, North, Altitude, Limited and the rugged Trail Rated Trailhawk.
It is scheduled to arrive in Jeep showrooms this fall in North America in the fall of 2021.
The fuel-efficient 2.4-litre Tigershark four-cylinder engine will power the new 2022 Jeep Compass, delivering as low as 7.6 L/100 km (4×2 model), a highway driving range of over 640 kilometres and a maximum towing capacity of up to 907 kg (4×4 models).
Efficiency and refinement are hallmarks of the 16-valve, 2.4-litre Tigershark I-4 engine with the MultiAir2 electro-hydraulic, fully variable valve actuation system. The advanced technology engine produces 177 horsepower, 172 lb.-ft. of torque and is mated to either a nine- or six-speed automatic transmission.
Fuel-saving engine start-stop (ESS) technology is standard on the 2.4-litre engine. The ESS system has been refined for the 2022 Jeep Compass. Refined powertrain controls and new starter technology minimize early engine restarts from minor movements of the driver’s foot on the brake pedal. Restart noise, vibration and harshness have been reduced via revised controls.
Advanced, high-tech safety and security features
The new 2022 Jeep Compass offers more than 75 safety and security features, including new applications of innovative technologies.
Some new features on the 2022 Jeep Compass:
Highway Assist semi-autonomous driving system
- Delivers hands-on-wheel and eyes-on-road automated driving using lane-centring with adaptive cruise control
- The system uses multiple sensors, including radars and cameras, to control the vehicle on approved highways
- Highway Assist will be available on Limited and Trailhawk models
Traffic Sign Recognition
- Advanced driver-assist feature
- Displays supplemental speed limit sign information to the customer for weather, trailering, school and work zone conditions
- In addition to speed limit information, Do Not Pass signs are also displayed to the driver
- Available on Limited and Trailhawk models, all information is relayed to the driver in real-time
Pedestrian/Cyclist Automatic Emergency Braking
- Leverages Full-speed Forward Collision Warning-Plus to help benefit pedestrian security
- Widened range of radar technology is used to identify potential frontal impacts
- Activate the vehicle’s brakes or bring the car to a stop in certain conditions
- Now standard on Limited and Trailhawk and available on North and Altitude models
Surround View Camera
- Offers a 360-degree, bird’s-eye view of the vehicle and its surroundings
- Gridlines are shown on the available 10.1-inch digital touchscreen
- Enhanced by ParkSense front and rear park assist for vehicle orientation
- Available on North models and above
Equipment levels on North, Altitude, Limited and Trailhawk models now have Parallel and Perpendicular Park Assist, available which uses ultrasonic sensors to guide the driver into and out of parking spaces.
Authentic exterior Jeep design
Consumers will have a choice of eight exterior colours, including Earl (new), Velvet Red, Laser Blue, Granite Crystal, Billet Silver, Sting Grey, Diamond Black and Bright White (new).
“When redesigning the 2022 Jeep Compass, the goal was to create a visual differentiation to express and celebrate the vehicle’s unique on-road and off-road personalities,” said Tim Anness, Director of Core Design Group.
“The new front appearances for both are undeniably Jeep, but now are expressively different to reflect a spirit of individuality.”
New front LED reflector headlamps are standard on all models, while LED projector headlamps, LED fog lamps and new LED taillamps are available on Trailhawk and Limited.
For Limited models, an enhanced Elite Exterior Appearance Package now includes black-painted lower trim, along with projector LED headlamps, LED fog lamps, LED taillamps and 19-inch wheels.
The 2022 Jeep Compass receives an all-new wheel lineup, with distinctive designs up to 19 inches and blacked-out options. A new hands-free, foot-activated power liftgate is available on North models and above.