The all-new 2022 Lexus NX will start production in the fourth quarter of 2021.
“My award-winning team is excited about adding the NX to our [Cambridge, Ont. assembly plant] production line and we have been working tirelessly to prepare for this. We’re on schedule and look forward to building this amazing new NX series for our fellow Canadians,” said Frank Voss, President of Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada.
Engine performance options
Lexus NX 350h Hybrid
- A combined 239 horsepower (a 20% increase over the current model).
- Manufacturer estimated combined fuel consumption of 6.5 L/100 km (a decrease of 1.0 L/100 km over the current model).
- 0-100 km/h time of 7.4 seconds (1.7 seconds faster compared to the previous generation).
The Lexus Hybrid Drive system pairs the D4-S fuel injection 2.5-litre 4-cylinder gasoline engine with two high-torque electric drive motor-generators for strong acceleration and passing performance.
Instead of transfer gears and a driveshaft to the rear wheels, the AWD system employs a second, independent electric motor to drive the rear wheels when it detects it is needed to help maintain optimal traction.
Lexus NX 450h+ Plug-In Hybrid
The 2022 Lexus NX 450h+ will be the brand’s first-ever plug-in hybrid vehicle (PHEV).
- Manufacturer-estimated 58 km range on electric power (lithium-ion battery).
- The system achieves the EV output equivalent to a 2.0-litre engine.
- Estimated 6.2 seconds 0-100 km/h time (newly developed hybrid transaxle, a 2.5-litre inline 4-cylinder engine)
A high-output, high-efficiency system designed to reduce power loss when converting from AC power to DC power, results in shorter charging times.
Using the maximum charging current of 240V, the Lexus NX plug-in hybrid can be fully charged in approximately two-and-a-half hours when equipped with the standard6.6 kW Expedited Onboard Charger.
Lexus NX 350 2.4L Turbo Engine
Improvements were made to the torsional rigidity through laser peening welding and the addition of high rigidity foam.
- 8-speed transmission
- Estimated 275 horsepower and 317 lb. ft. of torque.
- An estimated 0-100 km/h time of 7.0 seconds, a half-second quicker than the previous model.
The NX350 employs a newly developed AWD system.
Lexus NX 250 2.5L Gas Engine
The Lexus NX 250 model comes with AWD as standard.
- 2.5-litre 4-cylinder gas engine with start/stop functionality.
- 8-speed transmission.
- Estimated 203 horsepower and 184 lb. ft. of torque.
- An estimated 0-100 km/h time of 8.8 seconds.
Enhanced Lexus Safety System+ 3.0.
The all-new NX will come equipped with the latest Lexus Safety System+ 3.0. for additional peace of mind in certain scenarios including:
- Risk Avoidance Emergency Steer Assist – helps support collision avoidance within the lane by providing gentle braking and steering operation.
- Left Turn Oncoming Vehicle Detection/Braking – designed to provide a warning and automatic braking if the driver turns left in front of an oncoming vehicle.
- Right/Left Turn Oncoming Pedestrian Detection/Braking – designed to provide a warning and automatic braking if a driver turns left or right in front of an oncoming pedestrian or cyclist.
- Oncoming Vehicle Detection added to the Pre-Collision System – designed to alert the driver, and, potentially activate automatic emergency braking to help avoid a frontal collision.
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control with Curve Speed Management – maintains a cruising speed in alignment with the flow of traffic while managing speed on curves.
The following will be added to the current Lexus Safety System + features for NX:
- Pre-Collision System – provides the potential to detect a preceding vehicle, pedestrian or cyclist in low-light situations.
- AdaptiveHigh-beam System (Lexus First in Canada)–uses a monocular camera to detect light from vehicles in front and automatically optimizes the headlamp light distribution so that the high beams do not directly illuminate preceding or upcoming vehicles.
- Road Sign Assist – uses a built-in camera to help provide road sign information in the instrument panel or even on the available Head-Up Display. The system can also alert the driver of certain detected signs that otherwise might have been missed.
Safe Exit Assist alerts the driver and passengers to avoid the risk of accidental contact with vehicles and cyclists. The new, optional Digital Mirror provides a clear view of the obstacles behind the vehicle.
At the front, the updated grille pattern and frame create a more integrated feel to the body of the vehicle. Framed on top by the L-shaped daytime running lights (DRL), the optional three-projector headlamps create balance with a more subdued impression.
In the rear, the Lexus logo has been redesigned and has been replaced by a new, unified LEXUS logo located at the centre of the vehicle.
A full-width blade rear lamp (similar to the Lexus UX and IS) and L-Shaped combination lamps on the rear fenders are separated. The light bar lamps are constantly illuminated at night to function as taillight.
Colour options available:
- Nori Green Pearl
- Cloudburst Gray
- Grecian Water
The 2022 NX delivers on the brand’s well-known interior cabin noise reduction with additional updates made to reduce road noise and exterior distractions.
Interior seat and console colours include:
- Black with Rich Cream
- Rioja Red NuLuxe
Newly designed standard heated front seats and optional heated rear seats add comfort throughout the cabin. There is also increased head and legroom with the adoption of the Lexus GA-K platform. Additional storage space has been added in the rear cargo area.
In a first for the NX, the panoramic moonroof gives both the front and rear passengers the ability to see the sky with just the push of a button.
Thematic Ambient Illumination, a nature-inspired optional feature, comes with 14 themes such as Rain Forest, Waterfall, and Sunset.
The NX comes with an all-new, North American-developed Lexus Interface multimedia system.
Some of the features include:
- Standard wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Wireless charging
- A new Virtual Assistant
- Digital Key to lock/unlock and start/stop their vehicle through their smartphone when within Bluetooth proximity