The all-new 2022 Kia EV6 crossover arrives as the brand’s first dedicated battery-electric vehicle (BEV).
The introduction of EV6 signalling the launch of Kia’s ‘Plan S’ strategy that will deliver 11 all-new electrified models across the world by 2026.
“The EV6 marks a new and transformative era in Kia electrification,” said Sean Yoon, President & CEO, Kia North America.
The first EV6 models are expected to go on sale in early 2022 with the GT arriving in late 2022. Kia will also offer a special EV6 First Edition available by advanced reservation starting June 3.
To read about the detailed specifications of the Kia EV6, click here.
To watch the B-roll, click here.
The EV6 has a Nickel-Cobalt-Manganese (80/10/10) battery pack available in two sizes: 58.0 kWh and 77.4 kWh.
EV6 offers up to 576 horsepower and an extended AER up to a targeted 482 km (300 miles) across several configurations.
Beyond its impressive power and range, the EV6’s advanced battery system enables ultra-fast charging with the following features and capabilities:
- World’s first patented multi-charging system supporting 400v and 800v DC charging, which works on DC chargers with speeds ranging from 50kW to 350kW
- 800v DC fast charging from a 350-kW charger allows:
- Nearly 113 km added in less than 5 minutes
- Up to 338 km (10-to-80 percent) added in under 18 minutes.
Safety features and ADAS
The EV6 also offers a roster of standard and available features that enhance safety and convenience:
- Surround View Monitor (SVM): Utilizes four cameras to provide a 360-degree perspective around the vehicle, enhancing driver confidence in tight parking situations
- Parking Collision-Avoidance Assist-Reverse (PCA-R): Detects certain objects behind the vehicle, issuing an audible warning when an obstruction is detected and will automatically assist with emergency braking if there is a risk of collision
- Remote Smart Parking Assist (RSPA): Allows remote parking or exiting a parking spot with the driver operating the EV6 from outside the vehicle
The Kia EV6 is equipped with 21 standard active Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS). Some features include:
- Blind-Spot Avoidance Assist (BCA): When a vehicle is detected in the blind spot, the vehicle brakes the outer wheel under certain conditions to help return the vehicle to its lane
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA): Assists the driver when braking to help prevent a collision or lessen the effects in certain conditions if a vehicle is detected in front. Uses automatic braking to avoid or mitigate an impact.
- Includes: FCA-Ped (Pedestrian), FCA-LS (Lane-Change Side), FCA-LO (Lane-Change Oncoming), FCA-JC (Junction Crossing), FCA-JT (Junction Turning)
- Highway Driving Assist II (HDA 2): Keeps a set distance from a car in front and centres the vehicle in the lane, assists with lane changes and adjusts the lateral position of the car within the lane.
- ISLA (Intelligent Speed Limit Assist): Recognizes signs and provides relevant feedback in the cluster and augmented-reality head-up display (AR HUD)
The EV6 offers a modern and eco-friendly cabin with a spacious, flat floor design. Standard and available interior highlights include:
- Extensive use of recycled plastic throughout interior
- 100% vegan leather surfaces on some trims
- 100% LED lighting inside and out
- Slim front seats
- 27.7 cubic feet of cargo space behind 60/40 split-folding second-row; 53.5 cubic feet of cargo space with second-row folded down
- Hands-free Smart Power Tailgate for easier cargo access
- Additional storage space for small items in the front trunk (frunk)