Mazda Canada reports January sales of 4,039 vehicles, representing an increase of 7.6% versus January 2020.
In January, sales of the Mazda CX-30 Turbo started at dealers across the country, bringing a new level of empowering performance and refinement to the small crossover segment.
JANUARY 2021 SALES HIGHLIGHTS:
- Overall sales were up 7.6 percent, representing the second-best start to a new year in the past 10 years.
- CX-5 jumped out to a commanding lead, staking its claim to Mazda’s number one sales slot with a 11.8% year-over-year increase.
- CX-9 came out of the gate with a record January showing, growing sales by 21.6% compared to the same time last year.
- In its first year-over-year showing, CX-30 sales increased 65.5% versus January 2020.
- Sales of Mazda’s family of crossovers, including the CX-3, CX-30, CX-5, and CX-9 increased 13.1% compared to 2020 and accounted for 76.4 percent of Mazda sales in January.
- Mazda’s i-ACTIV All-Wheel Drive option continues to be a favourite among Mazda CX-line buyers, with 94.0% of customers selecting AWD models in January.