This Envision strengthens Buick’s premium SUV-only lineup, with more of the design, connectivity and safety features that resonate with today’s highly-discerning customers.
“The all-new 2021 Envision is an incredible opportunity for Buick Canada,” said Michael MacPhee, Buick Canada Brand Director. “The Envision will be in Canada’s largest segment in the industry and we are confident the SUV’s strong design and advanced technology will make it stand apart from its competitors.”
Building on the success of the previous generation, the new Envision is lower and wider, with proportions and styling that combine the expressiveness of a car with the practicality of an SUV. And, for the first time, offers Envision customers unique and distinct personas, including Sport Touring and Avenir.
The 2021 Envision displays contemporary styling that is the most expressive of Buick’s sculptural design language. “The new Envision has a more athletic presence that is full of character,” said Helen Emsley, Executive Director, Global Buick and GMC Design.
The three trims (Preferred, Essence and Avenir) each incorporate specific design features. The Preferred and Essence trims have an available Sport Touring package that embodies a more agile appearance with darkened exterior touches and 20-inch wheels with a darkened finish.
All models feature LED head and tail lamps and daytime running light signatures, as well as a welcome/walkaway lighting animation, which activates when using the key fob.
Envision designers had one overriding objective with the new SUV’s interior: Provide customers with a sense of reward in their everyday driving.
“The new Envision’s cabin is welcoming, with a comfortable and premium environment intended to make the driver and passengers feel like every excursion is an occasion,” said Rob Cameron, Design Manager. “All of the elements are designed to celebrate what customers use the most on their drives today.”
The Envision’s new interior has its driver-centric instrument panel tilted towards the driver for a better, clearer view. The panel blends technology and convenience, including Buick’s first standard 10-inch-diagonal infotainment touchscreen. It also features an all-new, versatile centre console that incorporates:
- Electronic Precision Shift – This electronic system uses electric push/pull buttons, amplifying the Envision’s technology quotient, and frees up space under the console.
- Dual-wing centre armrest – The split centre armrest returns to allow access to the under-armrest storage compartment without disturbing the resting elbow of the other front-seat passenger.
- Covered storage compartment below the instrument panel – Its retractable cover allows hidden storage of valuables; and, in equipped vehicles, is the home for the available Wireless Charging pad, along with an SD card slot, accessory outlet and USB ports.
Five-passenger seating is standard, with the 40/60-split second row featuring the capability to fold flat with the cargo floor, for a virtually seamless transition with the seatbacks and a minimal gap between them. The Envision has 1,492.5 litres of cargo space behind the first-row seats and 713.7 litres behind the second-row seats.
A range of seating appointments, in light and dark colour themes, are available, including perforated leather on Essence. Heated front seats are standard on all trims.
Additional interior features include:
- Standard Heated steering wheel
- Air ionizer is standard on all trims with the introduction of an Air Quality Indicator, a first for Buick in Canada, it provides customers with peace of mind, enabling them to monitor the quality of the cabin’s air, where research shows customers spend approximately 10 hours a week.
- QuietTuning is standard on all trims – including active noise cancellation and strategically placed acoustic materials
- Rear Seat Reminder is standard on all trims
- Panoramic power moonroof is available on AWD Preferred, Essence and standard on Avenir trims.
Infotainment and connectivity
The 2021 Envision will also offer Buick’s first 10-inch diagonal touchscreen infotainment system, and it will include in-vehicle apps, such as Amazon Alexa Built-In, as well as Spotify, Audiobooks.com and The Weather Channel. Wireless charging4 and wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are also offered.
Safety and driver assistance features
The new Envision is purposefully contented with standard and available active safety and driver assistance technologies designed to help monitor the vehicle’s surroundings and alert the driver to potential hazards and, in some cases, take action to help avoid a threat.
Buick Driver Confidence Plus package, with 9 standard active safety features:
- Automatic Emergency Braking
- Front Pedestrian Braking
- Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning
- Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert
- Forward Collision Alert
- Following Distance Indicator
- IntelliBeam, auto high beams
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Rear Park Assist
Engineers at Buick’s Canadian Technical Centre (CTC) have played a critical role in the 2021 Envision active safety technologies such as Lane Keep Assist and Front and Rear Park Assist.
Additional available driver assistance technologies include HD Surround Vision, Enhanced Automatic Parking Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, Head-up Display and more.