The K5 arrives in Canada October 2020, when the K5 will make its national debut in LX, EX and GT-Line trims with standard all-wheel drive and added GT model with 290HP of performance, to arrive this winter.
“Kia raised the bar on performance and design with the all new K5,” says Kia Canada Chief Operating Officer Elias El-Achhab. “The K5 delivers on every level from top of the line design, to driving performance and the latest in Kia’s safety and technology – just what Canadian drivers are looking for.”
New Design – Inside and Out
The K5 has a wide, thin front grille (with a shark skin inspired mesh design), extending to the headlight structure and underscored by “Heartbeat” LED daytime running lights. K5 boasts a low-slung and fastback silhouette, which is highlighted by a chrome garnish that spans the roofline and wraps around the rear glass.
K5 has a thoughtfully designed interior to match, with a wide, horizontal cabin characterized by clean lines and functional details. A newly-styled infotainment display stretches to the instrument panel, creating a futuristic, three-dimensional layout and driver-centric space. A vertical wireless charging sleeve keeps the interior free of cords and cables for phone charging. Drivers can also customize their interior with a selection of black leather seating, chrome metallic and wood-like finishes, a flat-bottom sport steering wheel and available panoramic sunroof.
K5 is underscored by the third-generation “N3” platform. The platform, designed for collision safety, weight reduction and driving performance, will serve as the foundation for future Kia models. This N3 platform provides roomier interior dimensions, suspension geometry optimized for sport handling and improved sound deadening materials.
K5’s exterior dimensions are:
- Length: 4,905mm (193.1 inches)
- Width: 1,860mm (73.2 inches)
- Height: 1,445mm (56.9 inches)
- Wheelbase: 2,850mm (112.2 inches)
Turbo, Traction and Tech
K5 LX, EX and GT-Line trims offer a 1.6-litre turbocharged GDI four-cylinder engine producing 180 horsepower and 195 lb.-ft. of torque, managed by an all-new eight-speed automatic transmission. The 2.5-litre turbocharged GDI + MPI four-cylinder engine making 290 horsepower and 311 lb.-ft. of torque driving the front wheels and is paired with the new 8-speed “wet” Dual Clutch Transmission.
The engine adopts Continuously Variable Valve Duration (CVVD). This piece of technology results in a performance boost and improvement in efficiency thanks to independent control of the valve duration.
Kia’s suite of Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems (ADAS)vi has some new features including :
- Available Forward Collision Avoidance Assist (FCA) with Junction Turning (FCA-JT): Assists the driver in braking to help prevent a collision or lessen the effects in certain conditions when turning left and an oncoming vehicle is approaching.
- Standard Forward Collision Warning (FCW):Designed to detect a vehicle in front and in certain conditions and issues an alert to warn the driver if it senses a potential frontal collision.
- Standard Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA):Builds on FCW by assisting the driver in braking to help prevent a collision or lessen the effects in certain conditions if a vehicle or object is detected in front.
- Standard Blind Spot Collision Avoidance Assist (BCA) :Detects other vehicles in the blind-spot zone of the vehicle and warns the driver with visual and audible alarms while automatically engaging the vehicle’s brakes to prevent the collision
- Standard Driver Attention Warning (DAW)vii:Senses inattentive driving patterns and sends an audible/visual warning to alert the driver
- Standard Lane Following Assist (LFA):Follows lane markings that the system detects and provides steering inputs to help maintain the vehicle in the center of the lane.
For more information, you can click here.