The President of Transit Auto Parts, Stephan Guay, launched a major project to expand the facilities of the company’s headquarters in June.
The auto parts distributor will triple its surface area, from 50,000 square feet to more than 150,000 square feet, to improve the functionality of its warehouse.
“We must think big and foresee how our area of expertise can gain in efficiency. We want to remain competitive and even become the benchmark for the industry. For these reasons, we will automate and robotize our operations in the second phase of our expansion project. Making our work simpler, easier and more efficient is our ultimate goal,” explains Stephan Guay.
The work on the building should be completed by November 2020, after which an adjustment period will be necessary to bring the operations to full capacity.
Project Highlights :
- $ 18 million investment in the expansion;
- The warehouse surface area will go from 50,000 to over 150,000 square feet;
- Receiving and shipping areas, as well as the office space and cafeteria, will also be renovated;
- Planned hiring of more than 100 new employees;
- Projected to increase revenues from $ 30 million to over $ 100 million annually.