Keeping in mind the steady increase in COVID 19 cases in Canada, several organizations have cancelled key industry events that were scheduled to take place in the upcoming weeks.
COVID 19 was recently declared a global pandemic by the World Health Organisation, with more than 300 people infected just in Canada to date.
As the numbers continue to rise, all industry organizations are taking necessary steps to avoid large gatherings, either cancelling or postponing events until further notice. It is advisable for all who have already registered for various aftermarket events and were planning to attend, to check with the organizers regarding the latest status. Checking up before planning any trade-event trip across the country can help avoid unnecessary last-minute confusion.
The Autosphere calendar has already removed all events that have been cancelled so far. Readers can refer to the calendar for further updates as the calendar will reflect the latest changes in the status of the industry events regularly.
The following aftermarket events for the mechanical segment have currently been cancelled/postponed:
- China international Trade Fair For Auto Service, Maintenance, Repair Technology and equipment, Beijing, China
- Automechanika / Kuala Lumpur, Malaisie
- OARA / Convention & Trade Show, Mississauga, ON
- Lordco 30th Annual Trade Show, Vancouver, BC
- NAPA 2020 Expo Las Vegas, NV
- AIA Canada National Conference, Toronto, ON
This list will be updated further as and when we are notified by organizers.