The 2022 Forte and Forte5 are arriving in Canada with a host of enhancements, including new front and rear design elements, a newly available 10.25-inch widescreen navigation display and an expanded suite of new and upgraded ADAS technology.
These include Lane Following Assist, Navigation-Based Smart Cruise Control, Highway Driving Assist and Safe Exit Warning.
“The Forte has continually evolved to meet customers’ needs in the compact segment and is one of Kia’s best-selling models,” said Elias El-Achhab, VP & Chief Operating Officer, Kia Canada.
“The design enhancements, coupled with increased safety and improved performance continue to deliver a truly fun-to-drive experience.”
2022 Forte and Forte5 trim options
The Forte and Forte5 are available in several trim options to satisfy any type of consumer need from everyday efficiency to sport-inspired performance:
- Forte Sedan: LX, EX, EX+, EX-Premium, GT-Line and GT Limited
- Forte 5: EX, GT and GT-Limited
2022 Kia Forte GT-Line
The GT-Line trim is new and exclusive to the Forte sedan.
The wide array of content includes unique 17-inch wheels, sport exterior design elements, LED fog lights, sport combination seats with SynTex/cloth, sport steering wheel, a 10.25-inch navigation touchscreen and Blind Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist.
2022 Kia Forte & Forte5 GT Limited
At the top of the lineup, the Forte and Forte5 GT Limited bring a true performance experience with a turbo 4-cylinder engine.
This 201 HP sports compact car is a standout in the segment for its balanced driving dynamics and boasts a standard 7-speed DCT.
The Forte still offers two proven engines, allowing customers to choose between an enjoyable driving experience that is either smooth and efficient or deliberately sporty and responsive:
- 2.0-litre MPI I-4 engine (Forte: LX, EX, EX+, EX Premium and GT-Line. Forte5: EX)
- Intelligent Variable Transmission (IVT)
- 147 horsepower/132 lb.-ft. torque
- Turbocharged 1.6-litre GDI I-4 engine (Forte: GT Limited. Forte5: GT, GT Limited)
- 7-speed dual-clutch transmission (DCT)
- 201 horsepower/195 lb.-ft. torque
- Multi-link rear suspension
- Dual sport-tuned exhaust
The exterior of the 2022 Forte incorporates a new design identity with enhanced styling elements in the front and rear. Updates include:
- Sleeker, more expressive headlight designs
- Next-generation tiger-nose grille
- Revised front and rear bumpers to accentuate a wider, stronger image
- LED fog lights seamlessly integrated into air-intake grille (GT, GT-Line only)
- New 16-inch and 17-inch dark metal gray alloy wheel designs (EX, GT-Line only)
- Sportier LED taillight across both vehicles and rear combination lamp design on GT-Line/GT on Forte sedan
The 2022 Forte delivers on a modern cabin defined by a driver-centric, high-tech interior space. Key feature enhancements include:
- A larger 4.2-inch colour TFT LCD cluster (standard on all trims)
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto is now standard through the 8-inch touchscreen display audio/infotainment system (standard on LX and EX)
- 10.25-inch wide touchscreen navigation/infotainment standard on GT-Line and GT
- Available rear USB charger
- Available Smart Key now features remote start
- Available SynTex synthetic leather seating
In addition, the Forte continues to provide a comfortable and spacious five-seat cabin with up to 3,152 L of passenger and cargo volume for the Forte sedan and 3,459 L for Forte5.
Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems
The 2022 Forte and Forte5 receive several enhancements to their suite of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS).
New features to the Forte include:
- Standard in Forte5, available on Sedan:
- Lane Following Assist (LFA): Follows lane markings that the system detects and provides steering inputs to help maintain the vehicle in the centre of the lane
- Available Highway Driving Assist (HDA): When driving on a Highway the system helps to maintain the distance from the vehicle ahead and drive at a speed set by the driver while keeping the car centred in the lane; In some cases, the system also reads from the navigation system the speed limit information (if available) to automatically adjust the speed
- Available Navigation Based Smart Cruise Control-Curve (NSCC-C): Leverages the navigation system to lower the vehicle’s speed proactively before upcoming curves
- Available Safe Exit Warning (SEW): Can alert the driver or passengers of certain potential hazards approaching from behind when exiting the vehicle
The following systems were upgraded over the previous model year:
- Available Blind Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist (BCA): Under certain conditions, can detect vehicles travelling in the next lane. When a vehicle is “seen” in the blind spot, the vehicle brakes the outer wheel under certain conditions to help return the vehicle to its lane
- Standard in Forte5, available on Sedan:
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA-Ped): Assists the driver when braking to help prevent a collision or lessen the effects in certain conditions if a vehicle or pedestrian is detected in front
- Available Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA-Cyc): Assists the driver when braking to help prevent a collision or lessen the effects in certain conditions if a vehicle, pedestrian or cyclist is detected in front
- Available Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist (RCCA): Helps detect most approaching cross-traffic when in reverse. When approaching cross-traffic is detected, the system alerts the driver and may apply the brakes
Other DAS features include Driver Attention Warning (DAW), Forward Collision Warning (FCW), Lane Departure Warning (LDW), and Lane Keep Assist (LKA).