Chrysler’s 2022 made in Canada 300, Grand Caravan and Pacifica proudly fly the flag.
Chrysler continues to provide an appealing range of offerings in the passenger car and minivan segments that deliver iconic styling, practicality and great value.
Utterly distinctive and virtually unique in its segment today in boasting standard 292 hp 3.6-litre V6 and optional 363 hp 5.7-litre HEMI V8 engines, plus rear-wheel-drive (and optional AWD); the Chrysler 300 full-size sedan continues into 2022 with a few upgrades.
- Standard Uconnect 4C NAV multimedia centre with 8.4-inch touchscreen on all models, that features integrated navigation, SiriusXM Guardian, SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- New standard content for the 300 Touring L, includes a Sport Appearance group with standard Black Noise exterior badging, 20-inch wheels (19-inch on AWD models) sporty front fascia with standard premium LED fog lamps, rocker panel extensions and rear deck spoiler and standard LED premium fog lamps.
- Standard clean air filtration system which filters 95% of air particulates, reducing many types of solid and liquid airborne matter, including dust, smoke, droplets and aerosols.
- A Comfort Group package option for the Chrysler 300 Touring L and 300S (optional on the Chrysler 300 Touring L and 300S) adds a new deluxe security alarm to its extensive list of package features.
Chrysler Grand Caravan
A new model for the Canadian lineup in 2021 was the Chrysler Grand Caravan.
This is based on the Chrysler Voyager offered in the U.S. market and is essentially a more affordable version of the Pacifica minivan.
For its sophomore season, the Grand Caravan comes with a standard 3.6-litre 287 hp Pentastar V6 engine teamed with a segment exclusive 9-speed automatic transaxle.
Building on the legacy of its extremely popular Dodge Grand Caravan predecessor, this latest version boasts a five-star IIHS safety rating as well as a raft of features buyers have come to expect.
These include: seven-passenger seating with industry-exclusive second- and third-row Stow ‘n Go seats, and all-new 7-inch Uconnect 5 enhanced touchscreen radio with integrated voice command with Bluetooth, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone compatibility.
New for 2022 is a generous list of standard equipment which includes:
SiriusXM satellite radio with one-year subscription; a six-speaker sound system with Active Noise Cancellation and segment exclusive second-row Stow ‘n Go fold-in-floor seats with in-floor storage. There’s also standard Easy Tilt Dual power sliding doors and power liftgate, as well as heated front-row seats and heated leather-wrapped steering wheel. Also included as standard for 2022 is an Inflatable spare tire kit, remote start and security alarm.
On the infotainment front, the 2022 Chrysler Grand Caravan features a new Uconnect 5 system as standard equipment, that’s designed to be more personalized and easier to use, with better power and higher resolution, plus improved system features for the Grand Caravan’s 7-inch touchscreen.
A new Uconnect 5 system brings the Grand Caravan over-the-air (OTA) update capability, the ability to connect two phones simultaneously with Bluetooth, Amazon Alexa voice control, Uconnect Market and wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto with voice recognition.
There’s also a new standard SiriusXM satellite radio with one-year subscription. Other new features for 2022 include:
- Optional new Safety and Premium Group that offers Blind-spot Monitoring, ParkSense rear park assist, Rear Cross Path detection, Full-speed Forward Collision Warning-Plus with Pedestrian AEB, Uconnect 5 Navigation with 10.1-inch display, GPS navigation, Sirius XM 360L and Sirius XM Guardian
- A new colour option, Silver Mist (one of five available exterior colour options for the 2022 Chrysler Grand Caravan)
- A new (and standard) clear air filtration system that filters 95% of air particulates, reducing many types of solid and liquid airborne matter, such as dust, smoke, droplets and aerosols, making it the cleanest cabin air ever in a Chrysler vehicle
Alongside its more affordable sibling, the Chrysler Pacifica returns for 2022 as the brand’s premium minivan entry.
The Pacifica comes as a conventional gasoline powered version with a 287 hp 3.6-litre V6 teamed with a 9-speed automatic transaxle and a choice of front or all-wheel drive (AWD), or as the FWD Pacifica Hybrid, which combines a modified V6 powertrain with an innovative dual motor eFlite continuously variable transmission.
In full-electric mode, the Pacifica hybrid can travel distances of up to 50 km, while overall range is up to 800 km, and fuel economy is rated at the equivalent of 2.9 L/100 km (more than 80 miles per gallon).
The powertrain is designed to switch seamlessly between electric and hybrid mode, allowing for an anxiety and trouble-free driving experience.
For 2022, new to the Pacifica are:
- Amazon Fire TV availability, providing passengers access to their favorite shows, movies, streaming apps, unique vehicle features and Alexa, connected through in vehicle 4G WiFi hotspot or mobile device hotspot
- Integration between Amazon Fire TV, Uconnect 5 and Uconnect Theatre system, allowing for parent limitations and content selection
- High definition screens for rear seat passengers to view Amazon Fire TV, plus for the driver via front Uconnect 5 screen when the vehicle is in park.
- Amazon Fire TV-specific remote that includes push-to-talk access to Alexa, making it easy to find and quickly play shows, plus the ability to link Amazon Fire TV with the Uconnect 5 system to control vehicle features such as climate and map functions.
- Over 1,000 games available for download in the Amazon Fire TV app store to keep rear passengers entertained on-the-go
- New Max Regeneration visual message on the cluster display (standard on Pacifica Hybrid), indicating when increased energy efficiency is charging the electric battery during braking and certain driving dynamics
Silver Mist added as a new exterior colour
- New enhanced clean air filtration system as standard equipment, in-line with other Chrysler models for 2022 which and filters 95% of air particulates, reducing many types of solid and liquid airborne matter
- New rear seat reminder that recognizes when rear doors are opened and closed prior to ignition start, and alerts driver with a chime and cluster message after trip completion to check rear seats
- Standard Cold Weather Group on Pacifica Touring models with heated front seats and heated premium wrapped steering wheel, SafetyTec Plus and Power sliding doors and liftgate
- Safety Sphere Group as standard equipment on Pacifica L Touring, including ParkSense Front Park Assist with Stop, ParkSense Parallel/Perpendicular Park Assist and 360 Surround View Camera
- Pacifica Limited features Premium and Safety Sphere Group as standard on Pacifica Limited which also adds premium Harmon Kardon audio
- Trailer Tow Group for top of the line Pacifica Pinnacle with conventional gasoline powertrain