The Silverado HD receives updates and enhancements for the 2021 model.
It includes an equipped 3500 HD diesel with gooseneck hitch offering an available max tow rating of 36,000 pounds.
Increased Max Towing Capability
For 2021, Chevrolet engineers increased the max towing capacity 500 pounds for a max tow rating of 36,000 pounds on Silverado 3500 HD Work Truck, Regular Cab, dual-rear-wheel, two-wheel-drive models equipped with the available 6.6L Duramax diesel and 10-speed Allison transmission and gooseneck hitch with a Max Tow Package.
Enhanced Trailering Tech
The Silverado HD offers up to 15 unique camera views and eight cameras for towing. For 2021, Chevrolet enhanced trailering technology available on the 2021 Silverado 1500, including:
- Trailer Length Indicator:When making a lane-change maneuver with the turn signal activated, a red overlay twice the length of the compatible trailer is shown on the centre console screen, which can help show when other vehicles are present.
- Jack-Knife Alert:Tracks the position of the compatible trailer in relation to the vehicle and provides an alert if a potential jack-knife situation is imminent.
- Cargo Bed View enhancement:Cargo Bed Zoom View and Bed Hitch Guidance are now available, which help to align and hook up a gooseneck/fifth-wheel trailer.
- Rear Trailer View now features guidelines and Trailer-Angle Indicator:Enhanced to include assisting guidelines when backing a compatible trailer into place and a Trailer-Angle Indicator shows the relationship between the truck and trailer.
- Rear Side View enhancement:Provides a split view, automatically biased based on the trailer’s angle, of the left and right sides of the truck and compatible trailer. This view was previously only available while driving forward and is now available in Reverse for better visibility when positioning a trailer.
For 2021 the Silverado HD welcomes four unique versions to the HD lineup.
- Carhartt Edition: the Carhartt Edition is offered exclusively on the LTZand features all-weather floor liners with the Carhartt badge, along with exclusive two-tone Jet Black and Carhartt Brown leather-appointed seats featuring unique stitching and Carhartt embroidered headrests. Outside, The Carhartt edition comes exclusively in Mosaic Black Metallic with Carhartt pinstripe detailing, Carhartt badging on the doors and tailgate, 20-inch wheels with all-terrain tires and a soft roll-up tonneau cover embossed with the Carhartt logo. Body-colour grille bar and chrome inserts, along with body-colour front and rear bumpers, further add to the distinctive exterior styling and the truck’s overall preence.
- Midnight Edition: Available on black LTand LTZ trims, Midnight Edition offers an intimidating blacked-out appearance from tip to tail including the grille bar, grille inserts, skid plate, Silverado badging and standard 18-inch aluminum wheels with aggressive mud-terrain tires, or available 20-inch wheels.
- Z71 Sport Edition:Available on LT and LTZ trims, the Z71 Sport Edition offers an aggressive monochromatic look with colour-matched bumpers, grille bar and black door handles. Exclusively available in Red Hot, Summit White or Northsky Blue exterior paint, it also features black accents including Silverado badging, skid plate, mirror caps, hood vent and black 18-inch wheels with mud-terrain tires or black 20-inch wheels with all-terrain tires.
- Z71 Chrome Sport Edition: Available on LTand LTZ trims, Z71 Chrome Sport Edition features body-colour bumper and grille bar with chrome accents to door handles, skid plate, grille insert, assist step and badging. Only available in Summit White and Black, Z71 Chrome Sport comes with 20-inch machined aluminum wheels with Grazen metallic accents, or 20-inch polished aluminum wheels on LTZ.
Midnight Edition, Z71 Sport Edition and Z71 Chrome Sport Edition will all be available in late 2020. The Carhartt Special Edition starts production fall 2020.
More Available and Standard Equipment
- Bed View Camera display located in a rear-view mirror screen insert now available on Work Truck, Custom, and LT.
- Bed View Camera display located in the infotainment screen now standard on High Countryand available on LTZ and LT.
- SiriusXM radio and OnStar is now available on Work Truckand standard on LT.
- Safety Confidence Package available on Work Truck& Custom.
Package includes Forward Collision Alert, Automatic Emergency Braking, Driver Information Centre & Steering Wheel Audio Controls.
- Wireless Phone Projection on Apple CarPlay and Android Autostandard for LTZ and High Country, and available on LT.
- Front centre console with storage now standard on Work Truck& Custom.
- Two new exterior colours are available:
- Mosaic Black Metallic
- Cherry Red Tint Coat
The 2021 Silverado HD began production in September and are arriving at Chevrolet dealerships throughout fall 2020.