BDS Fleet Service, a 61-bay private fleet repair facility, has gone to tremendous lengths to ensure the safety of its employees and their families. At the onset of the COVID-19 world pandemic, BDS Fleet Service hired Medical Safety Director ,Dr. Neil Verma to join the team.
The vision was to introduce the strategies employed by hospitals to minimize exposure risk and help contain the spread of this virus.
The guiding principles BDS Fleet Service adapted include:
- Comply with rules mandated by Public Health
- Provide safe work environment for employees and their families.
- Provide safe business environment for customers and their families.
- Provide fleet service to clients.
The situation is evolving on a daily basis and we are committed to bringing our customers and vendors the latest communication as it pertains to our company’s stance on health and safety and our business continuity plan.
— Brij Sharma, President and CEO of BDS Fleet Service.
Staff and personnel have adapted procedures regarding pick-up, drop-off and handling of customer vehicles including:
- Disinfecting customer keys and key fobs.
- Driver Services disinfects all touchpoints within each customer vehicle on pick-up (door handles, steering wheel, gear shift and more)
- Technician disinfects all touchpoints within each customer vehicle upon start and completion of repair.
- Full Interior Anti-Bacterial Cleaning before vehicle is returned.
- Driver disinfects all touchpoints within each customer vehicle again on drop-off.
- All staff utilize gloves and a mask or shield at all times.
BDS Fleet Service with the help of Dr. Verma will continue to adapt to the changing environment of COVID-19 adjusting their operational practices accordingly.