Mazda Canada Inc. (MCI) reported December sales of 2,739 vehicles, representing an increase of 40.6 percent versus December 2021.
With the majority of year-over-year (YOY) vehicle sales showing growth this month, it is notable that the CX-30 and CX-9 both showed YOY increases of over 200 percent, rebounding from inventory lows. Full-year sales totalled 49,874 vehicles; a decrease of 19.8 percent compared to 2021.
December and calendar year 2022 highlights:
- CX-30 sales increased 317.8% percent compared to December 2021.
- CX-9 sales were up in December by 219.1% percent versus the same period last year.
- In December, MX-30 EV sales increased by 41.9 percent and finished the year up 448.6 percent versus 2021.
- For the third consecutive year, all tested Mazda vehicles earned the IIHS 2022 TOP Safety Pick or Top Safety Pick+. These vehicles include the Mazda3, Mazda3 Sport, CX-30, CX-5, CX-50, and CX-9.
- The 2021-22 CX-9 joined the 2021-22 CX-5 in earning the IIHS top “Good” rating in its new, more rigorous side crash test. The CX-5 was the only vehicle in the small SUV class to achieve a “Good” rating in the new test.
- In January 2022, production of the CX-50 began at Mazda’s new production facility in Huntsville, Alabama. Sales of the CX-50 began in Canada in May.
- To celebrate the launch of Mazda’s first-ever CX-50, Mazda Canada and ParticipACTION teamed up during the summer to present the CX-50 Minute Challenge, encouraging Canadians to spend active time in nature to enhance their well-being.
- In December, Mazda Canada built on last year’s community support, providing up to $600,000 to their Retailers to support “Local Community Legends” who are going above and beyond to give back to their communities.
|Mazda3||404||421||-4.0 %||8,044||11,804||-31.9 %|
|Mazda6||0||21||-100.0 %||0||1,411||-100.0 %|
|MX-5||32||30||6.7 %||673||1,016||-33.8 %|
|Passenger Car||436||472||-7.6 %||8,717||14,231||-38.7 %|
|CX-3||0||160||-100.0 %||3,050||5,314||-42.6 %|
|CX-30||610||146||317.8 %||6,863||11,407||-39.8 %|
|CX-5||1,221||1,071||14.0 %||23,954||26,571||-9.8 %|
|CX-50||211||0||0.0 %||2,365||0||0.0 %|
|CX-9||217||68||219.1 %||4,113||4,530||-9.2 %|
|MX-30||44||31||41.9 %||812||148||448.6 %|
|Light Truck||2,303||1,476||56.0 %||41,157||47,970||-14.2 %|
|MAZDA TOTAL||2,739||1,948||40.6 %||49,874||62,201||-19.8 %|
For additional information, visit Mazda Canada’s media website at media.mazda.ca.