Hyundai Motor America reported May retail sales of 59,432 units, a 30% decrease compared with May 2021.
May was an all-time record month for Santa Cruz retail sales. Hyundai had no fleet sales in May 2022.
“There continues to be extraordinary consumer demand for Hyundai vehicles, with dealers selling every vehicle they get,” said Randy Parker, senior vice president, national sales, Hyundai Motor America. “We expect demand to remain strong and inventory levels to improve later in 2022.”
May Total Sales Summary
|May-22||May-21||% Chg||2022 YTD||2021 YTD||% Chg|
May Product and Corporate Activities
- New EV Plant: Hyundai Motor Group announced it would establish its first dedicated EV Plant and Battery Manufacturing facility in the U.S. with an investment of approximately $5.54 billion. Commercial production to begin 1H 2025 with an annual capacity of 300,000 units.
- Hyundai IONIQ 5 Added to Consumer Guide’s 2022 Best Buy Awards: Six Hyundai vehicles were awarded Consumer Guide Best Buy Awards. More than 150 new vehicles were evaluated across 20 categories.
- Hyundai IONIQ 5 Named CUV of Texas by the Texas Auto Writers Association: Hyundai took home six Texas Auto Roundup Awards for the IONIQ 5 and Elantra N.
- Hyundai Presents the Sixth Annual National Salute to America’s Heroes Memorial Day Weekend Event: 2022 marked the sixth year in a row Hyundai was a title sponsor of the event in South Florida.
- Hyundai New Horizons Studio to Design and Build Ultimate Mobility Vehicles in Bozeman, Montana: Hyundai New Horizons has a planned investment of $20 million over the next five years.
- Hyundai Hope: Hyundai Hope and Gary Rome Hyundai donated $25,000 to local food banks at the dealership’s 25th anniversary event.
May Model Total Sales
|Vehicles||May-22||May-21||% Chg||2022 YTD||2021 YTD||% Chg|