The iconic Jeep Wrangler delivers unmatched off-road capability and is produced with 80 years of 4×4 engineering experience.
Powertrain options include a 2.0-liter turbocharged inline four-cylinder engine integrated with two electric motors and a 400-volt battery pack (4xe), 6.4-liter V-8 HEMI engine (Rubicon 392), 2.0-liter turbocharged inline four-cylinder engine with engine stop-start (ESS) technology and 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 with ESS or mild-hybrid e-Torque technology. Also available on Wrangler four-door models is a 3.0-liter EcoDiesel engine with ESS.
Wrangler continues to offer a body-on-frame design, front and rear five-link suspension system, solid axles, electronic lockers and is one of the few SUVs to offer a six-speed manual transmission in addition to its available eight-speed automatic. A multitude of technology features, such as Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, and safety features, such as Blind-spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Path detection, adaptive cruise control and Forward Collision Warning-Plus, further Wrangler’s appeal.
New for 2022
- 4.88 axle ratio available on Rubicon models with the 3.6-liter V-6, equipped with either the 8-speed automatic (late availability) or 6-speed manual, delivering a 100:1 crawl ratio from the factory
- Remote Proximity Keyless Entry standard on Sahara and Rubicon (included in optional Technology Group for other models)
- Premium audio with 8.4-inch touchscreen standard on Sahara and Rubicon
- 7-inch touchscreen radio standard on Sport and Sport S (excluding two-door without A/C)
- Blue tow hooks standard on Sahara 4xe
- Blue pad print added to all 4xe wheels
- High Altitude 4xe gets new 20-inch wheel design and exterior mirrors with integrated turn signals
- Standard cabin filter that removes 95% of air particulates
- Updated exterior color:
- Silver Zynith (replaces Billet Silver)
For 2022, the Wrangler lineup consists of seven models:
- Sport S
- Sahara (four-door only)
- Sahara 4xe (four-door only)
- Rubicon 4xe (four-door only)
- Rubicon 392 (four-door only)