Style and smarts define the Toyota Venza – and redefine all you know about mid-size crossovers.
“Toyota Venza reinvents the segment for the modern age with a perfect blend of smart, stylish design, a refined interior thoughtfully appointed with premium materials, and cutting-edge entertainment and connectivity technology,” said Cyril Dimitris, Vice President, Toyota Canada Inc.
The Toyota Venza telegraphs its refinement and fun to drive nature with an elegant body featuring sculpted exterior lines and sleek, tapered roofline. Projector-style LED headlamps light the way while a full-width rear LED light bar leaves a lasting impression.
Inside, Venza writes a new story about premium cabins that push into luxury territory. Comfort, roominess, and versatility are evident – as the Venza sports an impressive 816 litres (28.8 cubic feet) of cargo space behind the rear seats – and the 60:40 split-folding seats offer up even more space when it’s required.
For the driver, a thoughtfully designed cockpit puts all instrumentation at a glance, and controls at one’s fingertips. Careful attention to ergonomics, visual appeal, and naturally tactile function make driving a Venza not only fun but also impressively eloquent, wherever life’s journey leads.
Under the hood, the Venza is powered exclusively by Toyota’s industry-leading hybrid-electric powertrain technology. The result is advanced, confident, fun-to-drive performance and the best fuel-efficiency in the mid-size two-row crossover segment. Toyota Hybrid System has been specially tailored to this model – featuring a 2.5L four-cylinder engine and three electric motors.
Venza’s impressive power output is matched by equally impressive fuel efficiency: 219 horsepower, smooth yet spirited acceleration, and an estimated fuel efficiency of just 6.1L / 100 km (city/highway combined) to let Canadian drivers do more with less.
With the Toyota New Global Architecture (TGNA) underpinning its design, Toyota designers and engineers crafted the Venza to maximize handling and steering responsiveness while delivering a smooth and quiet ride. For the greatest driving confidence, the Venza features Toyota’s electronic on-demand all wheel drive system.
Venza’s Drive-Mode Select system includes Sport and Eco settings to tailor the vehicle’s performance to the driver’s mood and the prevailing weather and road conditions, while EV mode enables low-speed electric only driving for short distances – ideal for parking in the garage late at night without generating noise or emissions.
Venza sets the bar high for safety with an impressive bundle of systems headlined by Toyota Safety Sense 2.0 – an advanced suite of technologies that enhance protection and support the driver’s awareness and decision-making.
Other safety features on all models include the Toyota Star Safety System, the Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Traffic Alert, eight airbags, and a backup camera.
Toyota Canada offers the 2022 Venza in three trim levels, as follows:
- 18” alloy wheels
- Power lift gate
- Connected Services by Toyota Audio Plus with Remote
- Display audio system with 8” touch screen
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel on a power-adjustable steering column
- Wireless charging system for personal electronics
- Eight-way power-adjustable driver’s seat including an auto-slide-away function that moves the seat to the rearmost position to ease entry and exit
New this year, the XLE trim level receives full Softex interior cladding. Other upgrades from the LE trim level include:
- Smart Key System with Push Button Start
- 19” alloy wheels
- Roof rails
- Projector LED headlights
- Nine-speaker, 1200-watt JBL Audio System with 12.3” touch screen
- Connected Services by Toyota Premium Audio Plus with Remote & Nav
- Kick-sensor power rear gate
- Heated steering wheel, heated and ventilated front seats and a driver’s seat memory system
- Intelligent Clearance Sonar system with Rear Cross Traffic Braking
Immediately recognizable by its beautiful, Star Gaze fixed panoramic glass roof with frost control. Other enhancements over the XLE grade include
- 10” head-up display
- Digital display rear view mirror
- Illuminated front scuff plates
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Bird’s Eye View safety system with rear camera washer
- New this year, this trim level now sports LED fog lamps
The 2022 Toyota Venza is now on sale at Toyota Dealers across Canada.