The 2022 Toyota Prius comes in a range of models for 2022, including plug-in hybrid, front-wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive configurations.
The 2022 Toyota Prius is now on sale at Toyota Dealers across Canada.
2022 Toyota Prius Prime
“The 2022 Toyota Prius Prime is beautiful to look at, fun to drive, and never a source of range anxiety,” said Cyril Dimitris, Vice President, Toyota Canada Inc.
Prius Prime powertrain
The powertrain features a combination of high-torque electric motor/generator, continuously variable transmission, a 1.8L Atkinson cycle four-cylinder engine and a high capacity storage battery.
For most daily driving, Prius Prime will operate in pure electric vehicle (EV) mode for up to 40 km on a single charge.
For longer trips, Prius Prime eliminates range anxiety by seamlessly switching to a full self-charging hybrid mode.
The result is a vehicle with an impressive fuel efficiency rating of just 1.8Le / 100 km (city/highway/EV combined) and a total driving range of up to 1,035 km.
Available models and configurations
2022 Toyota Prius Prime
- 7” display audio system with six speakers
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity
- Toyota’s Smart Key System with Push Button Start
- Heated front seats, a heated steering wheel clad in Softex material
- 120v power outlet
2022 Toyota Prius Prime Upgrade
Builds on the Prius Prime:
- 11.6” display audio system
- Eight-way power-adjustable driver’s seat, seats clad in Softex material
- Qi wireless charging system for personal electronics
- Enhanced Smart Key System that adds touch sensors on the passenger door and rear hatch
- Blind Spot Monitor safety system with Rear Cross Traffic Alert
2022 Toyota Prius Prime Upgrade with Technology Package
Builds on the Upgrade model:
- 10-speaker JBL Audio System,
- Intelligent Clearance Sonar system with Intelligent Parking Assist,
- Head-up display,
- Fog lamps, rain-sensing wipers, an auto-dimming rearview mirror with Homelink,
- Unique alloy wheels.
New this year, the Prius Prime receives two safety enhancements:
- An upgraded light control system ensures rear lights are on when the vehicle is in motion.
- Rear Seat Reminder helps drivers remember to check the rear seat for all articles when leaving the vehicle.
Prius Prime’s long list of standard safety systems includes Toyota Safety Sense 2.0 – a bundle of active safety technologies that help extend the driver’s awareness and ability to avoid collisions or mitigate their effect. Other standard safety features include the Connected Services by Toyota Safety Connect system, the Toyota Star Safety System, and eight airbags.
2022 Toyota Prius AWD
Toyota Hybrid Drive system
Built on the Toyota New Global Architecture, every model features the Toyota Hybrid Drive system.
In the Prius, a 1.8L Atkinson cycle four-cylinder engine combined with high-torque electric motors delivers 120 system horsepower while also recording efficiency numbers:
- 4.4L / 100km for front-wheel-drive models
- 4.7L / 100km for those equipped with all-wheel-drive (city/highway combined)
Three AWD configurations
Designed specifically for compact hybrid vehicles, the Prius AWD-e system uses electric motors to provide instant torque to the rear wheels whenever more traction is required.
2022 Toyota Prius AWD-e
- Six-speaker information and entertainment system with a 7” screen,
- Fabric-clad seats, heated front seats
- Keyless entry and the Smart Key System with Push Button Start
- Backup camera,
- LED headlamps and fog lamps,
- 15” aluminum-alloy wheels.
2022 Toyota Prius AWD-e Technology
Enhances the Prius AWD-e:
- Wireless charging system for personal electronics,
- Softex-clad seats, a heated steering wheel,
- Rain-sensing wipers,
- Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert safety system
2022 Toyota Prius AWD-e Technology Advanced
Builds on the Technology trim level:
- 11.6” display screen, embedded navigation, a Head-Up Display,
- Integrated garage door opener
- Auto-levelling headlamp system, the Adaptive Front Lighting System,
- Intelligent Clearance Sonar with Intelligent Parking Assist system.
Prius AWD-e models can also operate in front-wheel-drive mode to maximize fuel efficiency and minimize emissions.
Every Prius is standard equipped with a long list of safety systems and technologies. All models feature Toyota Safety Sense 2.0 – a bundle of active safety technologies that help extend the driver’s awareness and ability to avoid collisions or mitigate their effect.
Upgrades bundled into higher trim levels include Toyota’s Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert system, Intelligent Clearance Sonar with Intelligent Parking Assist, and a Head-Up Display.