Plug’n Drive launches online tool to help Canadian drivers find their electric vehicle match.
Plug’n Drive has launched the “Find Your EV Match” online tool. This interactive website is the first of its kind in Canada that allows users to compare gas and electric cars and, based on their driving habits and budget, find the electric vehicle (EV) model that works best for their lifestyle.
The “Find Your EV Match” tool is an extension of Plug’n Drive’s existing resources. By moving away from provincial and national averages, “Find Your EV Match” personalizes the EV buying process by providing total cost of ownership information, alongside greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions reduction insights, that are based on regional electricity pricing, gasoline pricing and electricity generation.
“It’s important to consider the total cost of ownership and environmental impact when making car buying decisions,” said Cara Clairman, President and CEO of Plug’n Drive. “We know that EVs are cheaper to drive and better for the environment, but everyone’s situation is different. This tool provides Canadians with a true understanding of how much money they can save and how much they can reduce their carbon footprint by switching to an EV.”
- Customizable search filters that can be used to set unique daily driving distances, the duration of leasing or financing agreements, upfront down payment amounts, model year and brand preferences.
- Total cost of ownership calculator based on postal code that factors in regional gasoline and electricity prices.
- A side-by-side comparison tool that shows the difference between electric cars and gasoline equivalents that contains a full list of every electric and gasoline car available for sale in Canada.
- A database of electric vehicle (EV) incentives offered in Canada.
- A public charging map that shows public charging locations Canada-wide.
“Find Your EV Match” is now available online at: ev.plugndrive.ca.