Electrified vehicle sales represented a record 25.8% of Toyota Canada overall sales in December, up 96.2% for the month with 3,521 units sold.
Toyota Canada sold 11,531 electrified vehicles last quarter, up 42.7%, led by the RAV4 Hybrid (4,275 units sold, up 29.7%), the new Highlander Hybrid (1,481 units sold) and the Lexus UX (613 units sold, up 26.1%).
With the recent launches of the all-new Toyota RAV4 Prime plug-in hybrid, as well as the only-available-in-hybrid-electric Sienna and Venza, this electrified vehicle sales momentum is expected to continue.
Overall sales of 13,664 units in December, up 2.9%.
- Toyota Division sold 11,926 vehicles, up 3.7%
- Lexus Division sold 1,738 units, down 2.4%
Overall sales of 50,642 units in the quarter, down 4.7%.
- Toyota Division sold 44,935 vehicles, down 3.5%
- Lexus Division sold 5,707 units, down 13.6%.
Overall sales of 191,420 units in 2020, down 19.3%.
- Toyota Division sold 170,598 vehicles, down 19.4%
- Lexus Division sold 20,822 units, down 18.5%.
Additional December Highlights:
- Toyota RAV4 sales of 4,036 units, up 6.4% (new monthly record)
- Toyota Highlander sales of 1,218 units, up 31.8%
Additional Quarterly Highlights:
- Toyota Canada truck sales of 38,586 units, up 6.4% (new Q4 record)
- Toyota Tacoma sales of 3,960 units, up 28.4% (new Q4 record)
- Toyota RAV4 sales of 16,362 units, up 3.7% (new Q4 record)
- Toyota Highlander sales of 4,172 units, up 15.7% (new Q4 record)
- Lexus UX sales of 615 units, up 22.3% (new Q4 record)
Additional 2020 Highlights:
- Toyota Highlander Hybrid sales of 3,901 units, up 210.8%
- Toyota Corolla Hybrid sales of 2,472 units, up 54.6%
- Lexus NX Hybrid sales of 1,084 units, up 174.4%
- Toyota Tacoma sales of 14,376 units, up 14.7% (best sales year ever)