The new G70 benefits from the incorporation of the brand’s latest safety and driver-assistance technology.
Upfront, the new G70 has the Quad Lamps, featuring super-thin LED lamps which stretch outward like the wings of the Genesis emblem.
Four all-new wheel designs further enhance its presence, and a new air extractor positioned aft of the front wheel designed to optimize airflow efficiency.
At the rear, it’s equipped with Quad Lamp taillights, Genesis text over the trunk lid, dual exhaust tips and a body-coloured diffuser.
A total of 14 exterior colours will be offered, including two new metallic options and three matte finishes. Sedona Brown and Tasman Blue are the new metallic offerings, while Verbier White, Melbourne Grey and an all-new G70-exclusive colour, Bond Silver, make up the matte-finish options.
The new G70’s driver-focused cockpit benefits from a number of updates. A larger, wide-view 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system is positioned at the center of the dashboard and features over-the-air navigation updates. The instrument cluster is also enlarged to provide better readability.
Windshield and front door acoustic glass enhance interior quietness.
The G70’s turbocharged, 2.0-liter, inline four-cylinder and twin-turbocharged, 3.3-liter, V6 carry over, as does the 2.2-litre, turbodiesel engine. All models benefit from the newly added “Sports+” drive mode, which further optimizes engine and transmission programming.
In addition, the 3.3-litre V6 with Sports package benefits from the addition of a Variable Exhaust Valve System and a new Dynamic AWD System offers a built-in drift mode.
Improved Safety & Convenience
The new Genesis G70 includes a wide array of improved driver safety & convenience features:
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA)
- Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist (BCA)
- Safe Exit Warning (SEW)
- Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist (RCCA)
- Navigation-based Smart Cruise Control (NSCC)
- Lane Following Assist (LFA)
- Multi Collision Brake (MCB)
- Rear Occupant Alert (ROA)
- Back-up guide lamp
The new G70 comes standard with a 10.25-inch infotainment system, including:
- Over-the-air, wireless updates to the navigation system
- Genesis CarPay
- Voice-recognition car control
- Valet Mode
- Remote 360° view
- Home Connect (Car-to-home, Home-to-Car)
- Phone Connect (Apple CarPlay and Android Auto)
In addition, the new G70’s optional equipment includes:
- Genesis Digital Key using NFC technology
- Intelligent Front-Lighting System (IFS)
- Wireless smartphone charging system
- Rearview monitor
- Built-in dash cam
The new G70 will go on sale on international markets in 2021.