Genesis Motors Canada today announced pricing for its all-new mid-size executive sedan, the Genesis G80 2021.
Offered with generous standard equipment on all Genesis vehicles to date, starting at a price starting at $66,000, the G80 is sold at a pre-determined price, including all delivery and destination charges, as well as a host of benefits for its owner, including Genesis valet parking, free regular maintenance, Genesis Connected Services telematics, road map upgrades and more, all for a period of 5 years or 100,000 km.
The G80 is the first G80 sedan to feature the new design approach called “Athletic Elegance”.
The G80 comes standard in Canada with all-wheel drive, plus a full array of driving aids and safety features, as well as head-up display, a 21-speaker Lexicon premium audio system, a 14.5″ infotainment screen, the largest in the segment, with the navigation system, 360-degree peripheral display, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay interfaces, a panoramic sunroof, and more.
The G80 2021 is available in two well-equipped versions, making it easy for customers to choose and conveniently navigate their way through the purchasing process.
The 3.5T Prestige version allows customers to opt for the increased power of an available twin-turbo V6 engine.
This model enhances the driving experience with a digital instrument cluster, Remote Park Assist, Nappa leather seat trim with driver massage function, open pore natural wood trim, electronically controlled suspension with road preview, elegant 20-inch alloy wheels with unique G-Matrix design and more.
The Genesis G80 2021, available in two well-equipped trim levels in Canada, can now be ordered at www.genesis.ca/fr with a $1,000 fully-refundable deposit.
Deliveries will begin in the fall of this year.
The G80 boasts a distinctive and progressive design that provides instant recognition of the Genesis brand identity.
The all-new G80 is the centerpiece of the Genesis sedan lineup, bringing together athleticism and elegant lines in perfect harmony.
The unique iconic grille and quad headlamps are inspired by the brand’s winged logo.
The quadruple headlamps framing the grille use sophisticated lighting technology and are the most recognizable signature of the Genesis’ unique design.
The parabolic sidelines, starting from the quadruple headlamps at the front and gradually sloping rearward through the upper part of the doors, are inspired by the elegant lines of several revered classic cars.
The bold, tapered design of the rear section is enhanced by a sloping trunk spoiler, while the quadruple tail lights provide a visual link to the headlights.
The interior of the G80 is based on “the beauty of wide-open spaces”, an elegant feature of our architectural philosophy.
The width of the G80’s cabin is enhanced by the slim, elegant air vents running across the cabin.
Performance and driving experience
The G80, based on a rear-wheel-drive architecture that provides superior ride and handling, comes standard with all-wheel drive in Canada.
The G80 offers two gasoline engines: a 2.5-litre, turbocharged, 300-horsepower, 311 lb. ft. of torque, 2.5-litre inline-four and a 3.5-litre, 375-horsepower, 390 lb. ft. of torque, twin-turbocharged V6. Both engines are mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission.
The electronically controlled suspension with road preview, a world-first found in the G80 and in the 3.5T versions of the upcoming GV80 SUV, provides passengers with optimal ride comfort by decoding information from the road in advance thanks to the front camera.
Advanced Safety and Driver Assistance
The G80 offers an unparalleled level of active and passive safety systems as standard equipment in a sedan. It comes standard with 10 airbags, including a centre airbag located between the front occupants to help mitigate the impact in the event of a side-impact, a world first. The G80 offers the following Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), including several world firsts:
- Intelligent Cruise Control with Auto Learn (SCC-ML): A world first in a sedan and in the soon-to-be-released GV80 SUV, the SCC-ML takes intelligent cruise control to the next level through advanced science and engineering. It’s an intelligent navigation technology based on artificial intelligence, allowing the G80 to automatically learn the driving behaviour of drivers and thus provide autonomous, human-like driving.
- Highway Driving Assistance II (HDA II): This system assists the driver in a greater number of situations than previous Genesis models, including lane change maneuvers when using the turn signal and assistance when entering a busy traffic lane.
- Frontal Collision-Avoidance Assistance (FCA): This system can automatically stop the G80 at an intersection in certain situations where there is a risk of a side collision with a vehicle approaching from the left or right side. The G80 is also able to detect the potential for a collision if a vehicle, pedestrian or cyclist should come into close proximity to the vehicle while it is in motion.
- Blind Spot Collision Avoidance Assistance (BCA): The BCA system reacts to a vehicle approaching in a blind spot during a risky lane change attempt by braking opposite wheels in an attempt to avoid a collision.
- Rear Cross Collision Avoidance Assistance (RCCA): This system uses rear side radar to detect and prevent impacts with obstacles in reverse.
Decreased Driver Attention Warning (DAW): This system monitors driver alertness by analyzing driving behaviour, including intermittent steering movements and abnormal decelerations – using vehicle data such as steering angle and torque and vehicle position in the lane. In the digital instrument cluster of the 3.5T Prestige model, this function is further enhanced by a front camera that monitors the driver and produces context-sensitive messages and warning tones in the event of fatigue or loss of alertness.
“Since the inception of our brand, Genesis has set a precedent in allowing every customer to benefit from world-class features in their vehicles,” says Richard Trevisan, Brand Manager, Genesis Motors Canada. “For this reason, as with our entire lineup, we are pleased to offer the all-new 2021 G80 executive sedan in Canada with a host of standard driver-assist and safety features. »
Genesis at home
The Genesis experience begins online, where customers can complete the entire process from searching through the latest models to closing the deal.
The transaction is completed with complete confidence thanks to complete transparency; no price negotiation and an all-inclusive 5-year term.
Customers will be able to configure their vehicle, select accessories, have their trade-in vehicle appraised and even submit a credit application, all in the comfort of their own home.
They will even be able to schedule a home delivery appointment for their new vehicle.
Thanks to its centralized national inventory, Genesis is able to deliver a new vehicle in just a few weeks (except for the new G80 and GV80 vehicles whose deliveries will begin in the fall of 2020).
New and current Genesis owners can rest assured that their vehicle comes standard with a host of free home services, including free regular maintenance for 5 years/100,000 km.
A Genesis employee will pick up a customer’s vehicle at home for shop service and leave a courtesy vehicle at no charge.
In addition, with a free 5-year subscription to Genesis Connected Services, owners will be able to view their vehicle’s health status and perform various functions remotely, such as door locks and remote engine start, from a smartphone application.
All Genesis vehicles come standard with the following Genesis Home Services for 5 years/100,000 km:
- Free regular maintenance
- Valet service at home for pick-up and return service
- Complimentary courtesy vehicle
- Full warranty
- Free navigation map updates (unlimited km)
- 24/7 Premium Roadside Assistance (unlimited km)
- Subscription to Genesis Connected Services telematics services (unlimited km)