From GM Oshawa comes the news that OnStar is offering new products to meet the needs of fleet managers and small business owners.
OnStar Business Solutions brings four distinct product offerings together—OnStar Safety Services, API & Data Services and Wi-Fi, followed later this year by OnStar Vehicle Insights.
“We understand that every fleet operation has its own needs and goals and that there isn’t one perfect fleet management solution for everyone,” said Michelle Calloway, Director, OnStar Business Solutions. “We created OnStar Business Solutions so our fleet customers can go to one place to learn about all of our products and offerings and choose the option that will best help to keep them protected, connected, informed and in control.”
With OnStar Business Solutions, customers will be able to choose from the following business fleet products and services:
OnStar Safety Services
These services aims to help keep drivers safe and assets secure.
- Safety and Security plan: provides Automatic Crash Responseand 24/7 access to OnStar’s specially trained Advisors to help with any road emergency.
- Assurance plan: includes essential services like Automatic Crash Response, Emergency Services and Stolen Vehicle Assistance.
- Driver Remote Access plan: allows drivers to perform remote commands, like lock and unlock vehicle doors, from a vehicle’s mobile app.
GM OnStar Vehicle Insights (Coming later this year)
GM’s newest fleet telematics solution, OnStar Vehicle Insights, provides fleet managers or drivers the tools they need to assist in their daily operations. Features include:
- Vehicle Locator: view the location of all connected fleet vehicles in real time.
- Vehicle Health: view vehicle mileage, estimated oil life and fuel efficiency, as well as receive preventative service prompts and maintenance notifications.
- Driver Performance: view driver behaviours and trips taken, and receive safety alerts around specific events, like exceeding a specified speed limit.
- Trip Summaries: maintain and reference trip history in an organized manner.
API & Data Services
OnStar Business Solutions works with a number of telematic service providers and fleet management companies to provide data to help the fleet operations with no additional hardware.
Wi-Fi keeps fleet vehicles and drivers connected. Crews can create a mobile office by connecting up to seven devices within 15 metres of the available Wi-Fi vehicle hotspot.
For more information and assistance in determining the right products for your fleet, click here.