Apollo Vredestein showcased its latest all-weather UHP product segment, the Vredestein Quatrac Pro in Baden Baden, Germany very recently.
With this new tire, the company is further strengthened in the all-weather segment and the first all-weather offering specifically designed for the ultra-high-performance vehicles, including luxury SUVs.
Replacing the Quatrac 5, the Quatrac Pro, designed in partnership with Italdesign Giugiaro, boasts a variety of improvements over its predecessor—over 10% better grip on wet surfaces, 5% in snow handling, improved handling, a design offering a sense of confidence and predictability for owners and drivers of performance cars and SUVs.
The tire’s technology features:
- Wider longitudinal grooves combined with diverging grooves in the shoulder area to optimize water evacuation for safer driving on wet roads, even at high speeds;
- Wide center ribs provide steering sensitivity and control, that is required for cars in the UHP segment;
- An all-new advanced compound with high silica and resin content to offer solid traction on wet and snowy surfaces;
- Enhanced pressure distribution within the contact patch for increased effectiveness in winter conditions;
- Unique sizes for the target vehicle segment.
The Quatrac Pro is offered in 50 sizes, with 29 of which with the Y-speed rating (speeds up to 300 km/h), ranging from 17- to 21-inch rim diameters and is available April 1, 2019. Fourteen sizes will be unique in the all-weather segment, including the 315/35 R20 fitted on a BMW X5 (rear wheel).