Yokohama Tire has created and released a new, instructional commercial “Tire Tips” video series.
Since truck tires are considered a major investment, the company has designed the series to help drivers identify and eliminate tire issues before they become a big problem.
The commercial truck tire videos deal with the following subjects:
- Choosing the Right Tire for Your Operation: This video aims at helping fleets and drivers understand the considerations necessary to ensure that they select the best tire to save money, reduce down time and keep drivers and load safe.
- Improving the Life of your Tires: This video deals with the importance of maintaining the health of tire casings and some indicators of the overall health of tires and other equipment.
- When is a Tire Repairable? The video aims at helping understand when a tire can be safely repaired under current industry standards and guidance.
- How to Properly Check Tread Depth: This video provides tips on the appropriate method for checking the tread depth of tires. Additionally, it gives some advice on keeping these measurements meaningful.
- Why Proper Air Pressure Matters: This video gives tips on how and when to check air pressure to increase fuel efficiency, protect tire investment, and maximize safety on the road.
- Matching Tires with Axle Load Capacities: This video helps drivers and fleet managers understand how they can ensure that their tire and axle configuration follow the specs that came with their trucks. It also provides information on how Yokohama’s tire pressure calculator can be used to maximize performance and comfort of the ride.
The videos are currently available on Yokohama’s website on the page: commercial tire tips.
“We are always looking for ways to help fleets and drivers in regards to their tires,” says Alan Holtschneider, Yokohama’s Director of Marketing. “They already know how important tires are, so we created these informative how-to videos to educate them on various ways to get the most out of them.”
Yokohama also has a Tire Tips video series for consumer tires.