Mickey Thompson Tires & Wheels has launched its first off-road only tire, the Baja Pro X.
One of the most aggressive off-road tires released by the company, the Baja Pro X is designed to be used on the most extreme terrain that adventurers may encounter. New features such as the Treadbiter cleats and the sticky compound make the tire suitable for off-road use only.
Available only in size 43X14.50-17LT at present, additional sizes have been planned for the future.
In a statement released earlier, the company asserts that the Baja Pro X model takes its proven off-road tires to new heights with exclusive attributes and durability not found anywhere else.
The Baja Pro X includes the following features:
- Sticky compound: This is to provide the best possible grip on hard surfaces.
- Pro-Tech Construction: It provides extra flexibility while maintaining durability.
- Dual Decoupling Grooves: This feature enables the tire to have additional flexibility on irregular surfaces.
- Treadbiter cleats: Providing extra biting edges across the tread, this feature is included for additional traction.
- Serrated tread-regions: These act as indicators, showing where pattern can be hand cut to allow for additional mud and loose surface traction while maintaining lateral stability & grip
- Mud scoops: They provide additional cleaning power.
- Massive Sidebiters and angled shoulder scallops: These features are included to provide optimum traction and grip.
- Symmetric directional tread pattern: This feature provides better traction and cleaning power.
“We designed the Baja Pro X for extreme outdoor use: rock bouncing, mud bogging, deep mud, rock, snow, sand, dirt and gravel,” explains Jason Moulton, Senior Product Development Manager, Mickey Thompson Tires & Wheels. “After the Baja Pro X was named a runner up in the tire category of the 2018 SEMA New Product showcase and won a SEMA Global Media Award, we are more excited than ever to get the Baja Pro X out to our customers to test on the trail or mud bogs.”
Mickey Thompson, an auto racing builder and promoter, developed the first 35-inch-tall truck tire for off-road use. He is also known for creating “tread-on-the-sidewall” tires for traction and pulling power in extreme conditions.