Giti has introduced wide-based truck tires in the 445/.50R22.5 size.
The Giti GDL633 FS ultra-wide base tire is for the drive axle position and the GTL933 FS ultra-wide base tire is for trailers in long-haul applications in North America.
The GDL633 FS for the drive axle is SmartWay verified and features:
- Special tread compound for reduced rolling resistance and lower operating cost.
- Innovative sipe design for even contact pressure that minimizes irregular wear.
- Rugged lug pattern design for excellent traction and vehicle stability.
- Seven circumferential groove design which efficiently evacuates water.
The SmartWay-verified GTL933 FS is designed for excellent performance on the trailer axle position. In addition to the fuel-efficient tread compound, it features:
- Optimized tread design on the rib edges for minimizing irregular wear.
- Wide tread design with consistent contact patch pressure for long tread wear.
- Enhanced tread groove design for minimizing stone retention.
“These new wide-base tires are great examples of the collaborative efforts by our own R&D Center in South Carolina and our global network of R&D centers,” said Armand Allaire, Executive Vice President of commercial sales for Giti Tire (USA) Ltd.