The AIA High Fives for Kids Foundation (H5s4Ks) recently underwent a comprehensive rebranding effort, resulting in a lively, new identity.
The new look and feel coincide with the Foundation’s goal of creating brighter futures for children and youth. Along with its new identity, the Foundation elects a new slate of directors, appointing Raymond Proulx as incoming Chair and Luciana Nechita as the Executive Director of the Foundation.
The projects the Foundation funds provide training, equipment, experience, and assistance so that young people can reach their full potential. Every year, members of the Automotive Industries Association of Canada (AIA Canada) from across the country give generously of their time and money to many worthy causes and charities. Over the past five years, the AIA High Fives for Kids has raised close to $200,000 and donated over $150,000 to charities across Canada.
“The easiest way of supporting the Foundation is by making a donation in your name or in honour of someone special,” noted Luciana Nechita, Executive Director of H5s4Ks. Along with donations and fundraising initiatives that work towards building local communities, the H5s4Ks aims to give back to the aftermarket industry that supports the Foundation. Scholarships are awarded annually across Canada to qualified students and monetary assistance is provided to those who wish to further their education in the automotive aftermarket field.
“As newly appointed Chair, I look forward to supporting the active involvement the Foundation and local AIA Canada divisions bring towards helping build local communities,” stated Raymond Proulx, the new AIA High Fives for Kids Foundation Board Chair. “On behalf of the Board, I also want to extend a special thank you to the outgoing Chair, Ken Coulter, who has been instrumental in bringing the Foundation to where it is today. We are grateful to all the fantastic volunteers who continue to serve as board members and support the Foundation’s new direction and growth.”
There are many ways to get involved with the Foundation’s mission to change young lives for the better. From becoming a Board member to fundraising and volunteering, a difference can be made.
New Board of Directors:
- Raymond Proulx, KYB Americas, Chair
- Doug Reevey, Autotec Inc., Treasurer
- Ken Coulter, Specialty Sales & Marketing, Director at large
- Zara Wishloff, Automotive Parts Distributors, Director at large
- Dave Fifield, Wakefield Canada, Director at large
- Since 2012, the Foundation has raised close to $200,000 and donated over $150,000 to charities across Canada.
- The Foundation is currently seeking new Board members to play a role in the success of promoting H5s4Ks.
- Join us today for #GivingTuesdayCA where we will highlight past contributions and donations by AIA Canada members to various children and youth charities across Canada.