On July 26, Uni-Select Inc. reported its financial results for the second quarter ended June 30.
Key aspects of the company’s improved performance in Canada were:
- $340.3 million in sales, up 5.1%; organic growth of 6.2% in Canada
- EBITDA of $29.5 million (8.7% of sales)
- Adjusted EBITDA of $32.5 million, representing 9.5% of sales
- Total net debt decrease of $9.7 million
- 1 business acquisition completed and 3 greenfield locations opened
- Appointment of George E. Heath to the Board of Directors
“We are very pleased with the improved performance in our Canadian business on both sales and EBITDA,” said Henry Buckley, President and Chief Executive Officer, Uni-Select Inc.
“We are seeing strong performance from our independent customers as well as our BUMPER TO BUMPER and FinishMaster corporate stores in all regions.”
Buckley added that, “commercial customers represent more than 90 percent of our business and our growth initiatives are positively impacting our performance. FinishMaster USA is highly focused on growth for all customer segments to overcome the product line changeover headwinds. Our industrial product and customer initiative is showing strong early signs of success.”
Additionally, Buckley noted that, “as we expect to close The Parts Alliance acquisition in August, we are excited to welcome all the new team members and customers of The Parts Alliance business in the UK. This will be a substantial new runway for profitable growth at Uni-Select.”