NAFA awards the first-ever Sustainable Fleet Certificates.
Launched in April 2017, the Sustainable Fleet Certificate Program was developed through a partnership between NAFA, CALSTART, and NC State University, and is designed to educate fleet professionals in proven methods to develop sustainable fleet initiatives, providing the tools and skills that help them succeed in their sustainability goals.
NAFA developed the Sustainable Fleet Certificate program in response to a need uncovered after NAFA launched its Sustainable Fleet Accreditation Program (SFAP).
“It is clear fleet managers are extremely interested in our accreditation program,” said NAFA President, Bryan Flansburg, “but many don’t know how to start a sustainable program for their fleet operations. This training provides all this information and guidance and will be a strong feeder into our accreditation program.”
The first-ever recipients of NAFA’s Sustainable Fleet Certificates include the following Canadians:
– Ray Brisby, CAFM, Fleet Manager, Calgary Fire Department, Alberta
– Donald Eta, Director, Fleet Management Services, City of Vaughan, Ontario
– Scott Glew, Manager, Fleet Services, Town of Richmond Hill, Richmond Hill, Ontario
– James Laverty, CAFS, Manager, Vehicle Pool, University of Alberta
– Katherine Vigneau, CAFM, Professional Development Strategist, KMVS Fleet+ Consulting
For information about NAFA’s Sustainable Fleet Accreditation Program and future training events visit nafasustainable.org.