In 2018, Toyota Canada once again won an industry-leading 16 awards for residual/retained value: 11 Canadian Black Book (CBB) Best Retained Value Awards and five ALG Residual Value Awards—more than any other auto manufacturer for the ninth straight year.
Toyota was also named the Top Overall Brand for retained value (cars, and trucks/crossovers/SUVs) by CBB.
For many Canadians, a new vehicle is their first major purchase—and Toyota is committed to helping customers protect their investment by building quality and dependability into every model.
That’s why Toyota and Lexus cars, trucks and SUVs continue to receive awards from CBB and ALG—again and again.
“When buying a vehicle, everybody wants to know that they are getting the best value possible—so we’re proud to receive these awards from Canadian Black Book and ALG that demonstrate exactly that,” said Cyril Dimitris, Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Toyota Canada Inc. “Quality, dependability and reliability are built into every model, so Canadians enjoy peace of mind when they purchase a Toyota vehicle.”
TCI received the following awards from Canadian Black Book (CBB) and ALG:
- Top Overall Brand – Trucks/Crossovers/SUVs (CBB – 2nd consecutive year)
- Toyota Tundra – full-size pick-up (CBB and ALG – 9th consecutive year)
- Toyota Tacoma – small pick-up truck (CBB – 9th consecutive year) and midsize pick-up truck (ALG – 8th consecutive year)
- Toyota FJ Cruiser – mid-size SUV (CBB – 8th consecutive year)
- Toyota 4Runner – off-road utility (ALG – 4th consecutive year)
- Toyota Highlander – mid-size utility, 3rd row seating (ALG – 2nd consecutive year)
- Toyota Sequoia – full-size utility (ALG – 6th consecutive year)
- Top Overall Brand – Cars (CBB)
- Toyota Prius c – sub-compact car (CBB – 2nd consecutive year)
- Toyota Prius v – compact car (CBB)
- Toyota Camry – mid-size car (CBB – 3rd consecutive year)
- Toyota Avalon – full-size car (CBB – 2nd consecutive year)
- Toyota Sienna – minivan (CBB – 2nd consecutive year)
- Luxury Car – Lexus GS (CBB)
The Canadian Black Book Best Retained Value Awards recognize vehicles that retain the highest percentage of their original manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) after four years. For 2018, the CBB program analyzed model year 2014 vehicles in 20 different categories, plus three Overall Brand categories.
The ALG Residual Value Awards recognize vehicles from the 2018 model year that are forecast to retain the highest percentage of their MSRP over the next four years.