The Women’s Industry Network (WIN) is now accepting applications from candidates for seats on its Board of Directors for 2019-2020.
Candidates from all segments of the collision repair industry are eligible to apply. The only requirement set down is that they are WIN members in good standing.
The Board consists of representatives from different segments of the collision repair industry, such as collision repair shops, distributors, suppliers, consultants, paint manufacturers, recyclers and insurance companies, among others.
“Volunteering for Board service is an outstanding opportunity to have continuous influence on our industry,” says Michelle Sullivan, WIN Chair and Chair of the Board Nominating Committee. “WIN is seeking members to apply for seats on our 2019 Board as we continue to drive growth and success for the organization in the coming years.”
The WIN Board of Directors is responsible for providing overall strategic direction for the organization. It also makes policy decisions that help further WIN’s vision and mission.
“Engaging at the Board level is an outstanding way to advance our industry and guide the success of WIN, while building leadership skills, business acumen and invaluable industry relationships,” explains Jenny Anderson, Vice-Chair of the Board and member of the Board Nominating Committee.
The Board updates its strategic plan on an annual basis, and it expects each member to contribute to the execution of the plan. The volunteer Board members focus on creating a conducive environment that facilitates the recruitment, retention, education and networking of women in the collision repair industry. Each member is required to serve at least one two-year term and may stay on the Board for a maximum of three two-year terms (six years).
WIN’s current Board of Directors comprises the following members:
- Chair: Michelle Sullivan from AkzoNobel Coatings
- Vice-Chair: Jenny Anderson from Enterprise Holdings
- Treasurer: Cheryl Boswell from DCR Systems
- Secretary: Kathy Coffey from AkzoNobel Coatings
- Immediate Past Chair: Petra Schroeder from Collisionista
- Yen Hoang from UYL Color Supply
- April Lausch from Faulkner Collision Center
- Denise Kingstrom from BASF Corporation
- Louisa Martone from Sherwin-Williams Automotive Finishes
- Kathy Mello from TGIF Body Shop
- Debbie Menz from Axalta Coatings Systems
- Marie Peevy from Automotive Training Coordinators, LLC.
- Beverly Rook-Twibell from Safelite Solutions
The new members of the board will begin their term and be officially introduced to the organization at the 2019 Educational Conference to be held at the Westin, Fort Lauderdale, Fla. from May 6 to 8.