3M Automotive Aftermarket Division has launched its newest painting innovation—the 3M PPS Series 2.0 Spray Cup System.
The 3M PPS Series 2.0 Spray Cup System dramatically improves the painting process with a revolutionary new spray cup design that delivers advanced performance, efficiency and cleanliness.
The 3M PPS Disposable Paint Cup System was developed in 1996 in England by 3M engineer Steve Joseph, reinventing how painters in the collision repair industry managed the paint process. And in doing so, reduced solvent use by up to 70 percent and decreased prep time by up to 50 percent. It quickly became the standard for painters around the world.
Now, 3M AAD has introduced a new spray cup design that eliminates the collar, adds a quarter-turn lid locking system and incorporates new features designed to make painting easier and more efficient.
“We work closely with painters and 3M technical experts to identify ways to improve the painting process, and the new 3M PPS Series 2.0 Spray Cup System is a prime example of that commitment to innovation,” said Andy Boyd, U.S. Marketing Manager, 3M Automotive Aftermarket Division. “We have already received tremendous feedback on how the 3M PPS 2.0 makes painters’ work easier and more efficient, and delivers higher-quality paint jobs with reduced need for rework or call-backs.”
The 3M PPS Series 2.0 Spray Cup System features six key new improvements for enhanced performance, including:
- Wide Spout Adapter with Four-Point Connection: Maximizes stability while spraying and provides for easier cleaning.
- Quarter-Turn Lid Locking System: Comes with every lid. Stays cleaner. Locks faster. Fewer parts to keep track of.
- Domed Lid with Full-Diameter Filter: More paint below the filter improves flow and consistency, while reducing spitting from start to finish.
- New Cup in Every Lid & Liner Kit: Start clean more often and eliminate paint build-up on the cup. On-cup ratios and max fill markings eliminate outside mixing cups.
- Access Window: Allows you to hold the liner for cleaner, easier lid removal when refilling or tinting. Also easier to check paint levels.
- Larger Cup Sealing Plug: Allows you to seal and protect coatings upside down with greater stability when not in use. Use fewer lids by keeping filters wet.
The elimination of the separate collar with the quarter-turn lid locking system improves the cleanliness in the painting process and eliminates potential sources of contamination due to equipment cleaning or maintenance. The easy assembly and refilling process is designed to improve efficiency for high-production painters, while the wider adapter allows them to use a larger cup for consistent, efficient batch painting.
The new 3M PPS Series 2.0 Spray Cup System is available in the fall of 2017 through local 3M distributors. More details can be found at 3MCollision.ca/keepitflowing