PPG is tipping its hat to colour through a display of dazzling paint jobs and world-class custom cars, trucks and motorcycles at this year’s SEMA show set for Nov. 1–4 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
The PPG exhibit, booth 24601, will focus on advanced refinish products, custom builders and boundless imagination.
More than 100,000 domestic and international industry professionals attend the annual SEMA show. The much-anticipated event provides attendees with product demonstrations, networking opportunities, educational seminars and more.
“SEMA is the industry’s big show, and we like being part of it,” said Cristina Fronzaglia-Murray, PPG Manager, Marketing Communications. “This is where everyone gathers to see what’s new, what’s hot and where the industry is going. And every year the painters and builders amaze us with their creative and ingenious use of PPG products. The PPG booth is open to all SEMA visitors. Come see us, meet the industry’s leaders and check out some really wild wheels.”
Combining PPG products with abundantly talented builders and painters, means SEMA visitors will likely have plenty to see in booth 24601.
A highlight at the PPG booth this year is The Stars Who Make the Cars, which includes appearances from:
- Charley Hutton, Charley Hutton’s Color Studio: Hutton’s colorful work has earned him four Ridler Awards, the 2015 Barrett-Jackson Cup Ultimate Best of Show award, several Street Rod of the Year and Custom Rod of the Year awards, an America’s Most Beautiful Roadster (AMBR) award and other major prizes. Hutton uses only PPG products.
- Bobby Alloway, Alloway’s Hot Rod Shop : Alloway, a member of the National Rod & Custom Car Hall of Fame, builds street rods that represent absolute coolness. America’s Most Beautiful Roadster, Goodguys Street Rod and Street Machine of the Year and a Ridler honor are just a few of his awards. DELTRON coatings are Alloway’s paint preference.
- Tom and Mitch Kelly, Kelly & Son Crazy Painters : The Kellys are a major presence in Southern California’s cutting-edge car scene. Tom is a gifted striper and muralist; son Mitch is known for his fantastic paint designs. The Kellys choose VIBRANCE COLLECTION custom paint finishes to create their extraordinary design schemes.
- Darryl Hollenbeck, Vintage Color Studio: Hollenbeck is well-known to Northern California’s custom car set. He’s painted three AMBR winners and several Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance winners. His cars have also embellished the covers of notable publications including Street Rodder and Rodder’s Journal. Hollenbeck uses PPG products exclusively.
- Kenny Youngblood, Youngblood Art/Motorsport Gallery : Youngblood, known as “the father of modern day race car designs,” is one of drag racing’s most talented graphic artists. His gallery showcases his work along with that of other top artists in the field. His work has been featured in numerous motorsport publications and on various TV shows including Monster Garage.
- Mark Worman and Will Scott, Graveyard Carz : Worman and Scott can be seen on Graveyard Carz, a reality show on the Velocity Channel that focuses on Worman’s collision shop, Welby’s Car Care in Springfield, Ore. Worman is the shop owner; Scott is the painter. They work primarily on Plymouth and Dodge muscle cars. PPG is their paint of choice.
- Racer Joey Logano, Team Penske NASCAR Sprint Series driver, along with a representative from John Force Racing—drag racing’s foremost team, will be in the booth sharing on-track adventures. Both teams use PPG products for their cars.
These elite automotive celebrities will be signing autographs, offering painting tips and talking about their PPG product preferences. To meet them at PPG booth 24601, check the schedule below for appearance dates and times.
Cars, Trucks and Motorcycles
In addition to the stars listed above, PPG will showcase an array of stunning cars, trucks and bikes:
- Charley Hutton’s Ridler award winner “Olds Cool”;
- Darryl Hollenbeck’s Ford, named America’s Most Beautiful Roadster;
- Ryan Korek’s merlot red International pickup dubbed “Eight Dollar Corn”;
- Jerry Kjensrud’s Chevy, “Halo,” Grand National Roadster Show award winner;
- Nathan Curry’s debut of his tribute motorcycle;
- Joe Ballard’s multiple award-winning tribute custom bike.
PPG will also be honouring the Paralyzed Veterans of America (PVA). The PVA was founded by a band of wounded soldiers who returned home from World War II with spinal cord injuries. Paralyzed Veterans of America is dedicated to providing veterans and people with disabilities, and their families, with everything they need to live full and productive lives.